Shipping hicap mag bodies to Calif.?????


May 13, 2004, 12:00 PM
Is it legal to ship preban mag bodies ONLY to California? Anybody be kind enough to send me a link to to related law?

Thanks in advance.............

If you enjoyed reading about "Shipping hicap mag bodies to Calif.?????" here in archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join today for the full version!
May 13, 2004, 12:09 PM
If you intend to build these into usable mags I think they would frown on that and would put you in jail if they catch you. I see many many questions on these gun forums from people living in California or moving there asking how to get around the awful gun control laws there. I don't think there are any real loopholes. If you live there you have to live with the laws. It sucks. Here is the link to the California attorney general's page on gun laws.

May 13, 2004, 01:04 PM
Sorry, dude, suggestion made to me...move out of California.
I try to collect guns, but our California Approval list does not allow me to get a lot of guns...not on the state approved list. Much to my frustration.
I am trying my best to toe the line, but the times that I ordered similar models, my licensed buddies tell me NO! when they see it arriving at their store. They keep me honest.
Example....Sig P-232....only the Sig P-232-S is allowed. I had to send it back. (I thought if one model (stainless) is allowed then the blued model should be okay, right?) Wrong.
Hi Cap mags? If it holds more than 10 rounds in could get in a world of hurt.
I had ordered a H & K compact one time, and the previous owner thought that he would send me a couple of extra hi-cap mags with the gun. Different store...the owner read me the riot act and would not let me have the gun until the mags were sent back and confirmed received by the sending party...10 days. he would not even process the weapon until the hi-cap mags issue was taken care of.
So you take your chances, ain't right, but it's California and it's laws.
Good luck.

May 13, 2004, 01:09 PM
Thanks for the help guys, I do not live in California.............I wouldn't live in the ???? hole for any reason or for any amount of money. I just had some mag bodies that someone in California wanted and have no intention of doing anything not appropriate, so I wanted to know if I could ship them to California.

Chuck Jennings
May 13, 2004, 01:22 PM
Californians are allowed to purchase mag bodies to replace the damaged or worn out mag bodies that have been in their possession since before the year 2000.

May 13, 2004, 01:27 PM
Right - what about all those who bought and had hi cap mags before the ban on sale (2000 right?) or importation?

If you were on a range and was shooting them, and say some LEO was questioning you, is it with the assumption that you had them before? Good question about repairing and getting parts for them with this.

May 13, 2004, 02:31 PM
I believe if the person in kali told you he needed them to repair legal hi-caps he already owned, it would be OK to ship them. That said, a lot of manufacturers refuse to ship them to kali just to avoid any problems.

As for LE's interrogating you on the origins of your mags: it has yet to happen here. The only exception would be if you posessed mags marked "LE Only" because that proves the mags were made after the ban, and it would be clearly impiossible for you to posess them legally here in kali. Otherwise, the law has no way of proving the date of manufacture of the mags in your possession and you are not required to PROVE you got them before the ban.... they would be required to prove you did NOT.

If you enjoyed reading about "Shipping hicap mag bodies to Calif.?????" here in archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join today for the full version!