Rapper 50 Cent says it's funny to be shot

PDA

Pat Bateman
February 9, 2003, 08:39 PM
http://wcbs880.com/local/NYC--People-50Cent-nyn/resources_news_html

Rapper 50 Cent says it's funny to be shot
Sunday February 09, 2003
(New York-AP) -- Rapper 50 Cent says despite the pain, being shot is funny.
50 Cent, who claims to have been shot nine times, tells Time magazine that being shot in the hip was very painful, though.
The rapper, whose real name is Curtis Jackson, created a stir in 1999 when he released a bootleg single ``How to Rob,´´ which described ripping off hip-hop and R-and-B celebrities, from Mariah Carey to Jay-Z.
50 Cent surfaced as a potential target for violence after his mentor Jam Master Jay was killed execution-style on October 30th. The Jam Master Jay shooting is still unsolved, but police have downplayed any suggestion that Jam Master Jay's killers were after 50 Cent.
He has scored recent success with hits ``In Da Club,´´ and ``Wanksta.´´
50 Cent's debut album ``Get Rich or Die Trying,´´ was produced by Eminem and Doctor Dre and hit stores last week.

If you enjoyed reading about "Rapper 50 Cent says it's funny to be shot" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
redneck
February 9, 2003, 08:52 PM
Wouldn't I like to give him a barrel of laughs

10-Ring
February 9, 2003, 08:55 PM
He just hasn't been properly shot yet. If it were done right, it would wipe the smile right off his....:fire:

P95Carry
February 9, 2003, 09:26 PM
What an *********!! I doubt very much he has yet experienced the ''joys'' of being gut shot ....:p

Ryder
February 9, 2003, 09:31 PM
It's not funny at the time you are shot. An interesting experience in retrospect, but I wouldn't ever call it funny. It's very serious.

Maybe I just haven't been shot enough times? Could be one of those things you have to develop a taste for? Or maybe he just hasn't been hit by a 12 gauge yet?

Preacherman
February 9, 2003, 10:51 PM
Speaking with three bullet holes in my favorite body, and over a dozen others caused by grenade and mortar fragments, I can assure this idiot - sorry, rapper - that being shot is definitely one of the most un-funny experiences in my life thus far! After four separate occasions, I think I can speak with some little experience... If he wants to debate the issue at greater length, I can arrange for him to meet with a bunch of the hardened felons in the maximum-security prison where I work, who can also assure him from their own experience that it's no laughing matter. However, the cops who shot them might disagree... :D

Diesle
February 9, 2003, 10:57 PM
Its all fun and games until someone loses and eye....!

Diesle

Pat Bateman
February 9, 2003, 10:58 PM
Yeah, getting hit in the head with a MagLite, I was laughing in their faces. Maybe that's why they ran...

Soap
February 9, 2003, 11:07 PM
50 is a poor rapper since he mumbles everything. I hope he gets to see a lot more funny times in his life :rolleyes:

Camshaft
February 9, 2003, 11:35 PM
one song of his goes "i love to shoot cops, i love my two glocks, i love to bust shots"

JeremyIA
February 10, 2003, 12:28 AM
Here's your 50 Cents

Jedi_7.62
February 10, 2003, 01:00 AM
I've got 30 rounds of 7.62 that will have him rolling!!!!

I've never been shot and hope I never am. But if I was I doublt I would find it funny.

DUMBASS!!

Diesle
February 10, 2003, 01:21 AM
Looks like theres a lot of pine tar on that bat. Is that legal...?

Diesle

jmbg29
February 10, 2003, 01:28 AM
``How to Rob,´´ which described ripping offHave him swing by my place. I'm the funniest:cuss: :cuss: he'll ever meet.:fire: :fire: :fire:

BerettaNut92
February 10, 2003, 01:47 AM
http://www.skunkabilly.com/images/benelli_p7_commander.jpg

Funny, funnier, funniest.

Kahr carrier
February 10, 2003, 03:05 AM
Sounds like the people shooting him were not good shots .If he met someone that could I dont think he would be saying much.:neener:

blitzer0101
February 10, 2003, 03:30 AM
Can't speak publicly on my feelings about this ding-dong. :fire:

Admiral Thrawn
February 10, 2003, 03:50 AM
I only found out about this guy when someone posted a link to his website here on THR.

The more I hear about him, the more i'm convinced that he's a total assclown.

.........So *this* is what you are all talking about when you say certain black rappers influence what the latest gun "trend" is among gangs and other undesirable youth...

Seems quite pitiful IMO. :rolleyes:

dinosaur
February 10, 2003, 06:58 AM
If he can convince more gangstas not to duck, he could win a public service award.:neener:

Kharn
February 10, 2003, 08:13 AM
I noticed one of his music videos (channel surfing) included a short scene in an indoor firing range. The firearms are never shown (possibly due to some of those featured being felons?) but the hits on target are. I started laughing my butt off when I saw the hits, one upper left/outer shoulder, and immediately thereafter a barely-on-paper lower right (bottom of ribcage) shot. If it was the rappers shooting, we dont have much to worry about at ranges bigger than 7 yards.

He wouldnt be laughing if he ever got shot with some nice 00 Buck...

Kharn

mjustice
February 10, 2003, 09:54 AM
I'm laughing... can you take anyone seriously who calls themselves "50 Cent"? Last time I checked, two quarters was "50 centS", and one penny was "One cent".

Apparently someone shot his elementary school teacher before he or she got to that lesson.

MJ

NewShooter78
February 10, 2003, 10:49 AM
Just another poor excuse for an "entertainer". Its no wonder the youth of today are so messed up. And if he's laughing about being shot, then I doubt that he has been. And even if he has been it couldn't have been more than a flesh wound.

Oleg Volk
February 10, 2003, 10:55 AM
being shot is definitely one of the most un-funny experiences in my life thus far!

Maybe you need to develop a sense of humor :D

Seems to me 50 cents is a bit much for the thoughts expressed by the artist...but so long as he's not trying to do anything unpleasant to me or mine, he's free to express them. Anyone dim enough to believe him probably deserves a handshake with Darwin anyway. Try as I might, I can't get indignant over this disagreement...now, the Homeland Security and Citizen Mistreatment Act #2, that's another matter, and more likely to get us to where we'll test the rapper's theory personally.

mdsteele
February 10, 2003, 12:04 PM
Outstanding point, Mr. Volk!

spacemanspiff
February 10, 2003, 12:20 PM
what else can you expect from a "performer" that is associated with eminem? what goes around comes around. just like the thug life followed 2pac and Noticeably FAT.
then we'll have to suffer through '50cent''s mother articulating how "my boy was a good boy, he never wanted to harm nobody, he was a perfect angel", and then her and biggies mom will get together and hug and the hip hop community will go 'awwww isnt that great', and then they'll resume killing themselves.

hiphop is undoubtedly the only genre of music that can be linked to violent behavior. when was the last time you heard people ranting about 'death metal'?

JeremyIA
February 10, 2003, 12:24 PM
mjustice--It's actually pronounced "Fitty Cent"

It sounds like this:

"Hey man, can I borrow Fitty Cent?"

I kid you not.

TheActor
February 10, 2003, 12:34 PM
I'm working for this idiot in a couple of weeks. Maybe I can talk him into some range time. I saw him on tv looks like another 80 IQ "artist".

XLMiguel
February 10, 2003, 12:43 PM
Ya'know, I try. I really do. I work at purging my vocabulary and heart of prejudicial thoughts and words, but then along comes this moron, and those like him make it awful hard to get rid of certain distasteful racial epithets, I mean it just plain fits too well.:banghead: Help me, Lord.

Steve Smith
February 10, 2003, 12:45 PM
Jeremy, I think its pronounced "Fifty." That's the way he says it in his raps when referring to himself, anyway.

BerettaNut92
February 10, 2003, 01:37 PM
ENTERTAINER, people, ENTERTAINER.

The word 'artist' is used waaaaaaaay too loosely.

Chris Rhines
February 10, 2003, 01:45 PM
hiphop is undoubtedly the only genre of music that can be linked to violent behavior. when was the last time you heard people ranting about 'death metal'?Really, Spaceman? So these reports of Scandinavian black metal bands killing each other, starting gang fights, and burning down churches are all my imagaination?

I'm very curious why the off-the-cuff opinion of some dork rapper elicits such a visceral response from the assembled masses.

- Chris

spacemanspiff
February 10, 2003, 02:01 PM
i dunno chris. i havent heard of those things happening, doesnt mean it isnt happening, but the mainstream media hasnt had much negative things to say about rock/metal lately. at least from what i've paid attention to.

in years past, all we heard about was 'metal is satanic and will poison our youth'. i hear more negative responses to hiphop than rock/metal. i'm sure that will change once guns n roses gets back in the limelight. :D

Chris Rhines
February 10, 2003, 02:23 PM
Well, that's my point exactly. I've heard things in the "mainstream" music press about the black-metal crowd that makes walking through Compton at midnight, unarmed, with a hundred-dollar-bill pinned to my forehead sound downright attractive. But that doesn't mean that black metal in and of itself promotes violence. Same for rap. Hell, I'm a fan of both genres, so taking all the mass-media BS into account, I should be some kind of PSYCHO!

My other question still stands, though...

- Chris

Ian
February 10, 2003, 02:29 PM
hiphop is undoubtedly the only genre of music that can be linked to violent behavior. when was the last time you heard people ranting about 'death metal'?
I recall a wee bit of that after Columbine...

Soap
February 10, 2003, 02:45 PM
Spacemanspiff-

http://users.freenet.am/~mayhem2/articlespin.htm

Now did black metal music cause that?

bogie
February 10, 2003, 02:46 PM
I suppose that humor is in the eye of the beholder...

Like the beholders who gathered around a certain individual, all with a comment, after the individual received a shrapnel wound.

Granted, the location of said wound virtually guaranteed that it would harm the mental health far more than the physical health, since it was shallow, but essentially precluded a normal sitting posture (leaning was okay) for a few days.

Dang, but that hurt...

spacemanspiff
February 10, 2003, 02:51 PM
what other question? about the visceral response to rappers?

sad to say, and i'll only speak for myself and no one else, but it goes back to stereotypes about race. i am a bigot, i wont deny that, and yes it makes me a bad person, but when stereotypes are proven by individual behavior, i have a tough time having respect for that individual.

those who do disprove the stereotypes earn my respect.

Chris Rhines
February 10, 2003, 02:52 PM
At least you're honest about it. I doubt many others will be so.

- Chris

spacemanspiff
February 10, 2003, 02:55 PM
ian, daniel, both those are years in the past. i was referring to anything negative within the last year or so. marilyn manson seems to have dropped off the radar screen. i think that when people realized he was more educated than was assumed, they saw the futility of blaming his music for crimes committed.

Soap
February 10, 2003, 05:09 PM
Spacemanspiff- Oh so we're only setting limit on a pattern of behavior from 2/10/02-2/10/03? Going by your earlier comments, I'm sure that any sort of arguement will be "modified" to suit your feelings towards blacks. That is fine with me, but I won't waste time arguing with you about it.

Marko Kloos
February 10, 2003, 05:11 PM
Closed for OT drift.

If you enjoyed reading about "Rapper 50 Cent says it's funny to be shot" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!