Website, youths and a stupid reporter

PDA

50 Shooter
May 14, 2004, 09:19 AM
Here's just another example of stupid people all the way around.

http://www.times-standard.com/Stories/0,1413,127~2896~2143466,00.html

Does anyone know where I can get a "Banana Clip"? I really need one when I have the urge to eat multiple banana's all at once.:neener:

If you enjoyed reading about "Website, youths and a stupid reporter" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
buy guns
May 14, 2004, 10:26 AM
There were also "boxes" of ammunition found at the home.

i liked how the writer put boxes in parentatheis like ammunition is sold by the round or something.

sturmruger
May 14, 2004, 10:51 AM
So let me see if I get this straight. They had guns, and then they had ammunition for the guns!!! That is unbelievable I can't believe they actually had ammo for their guns. This has to be one of the first cases of this happening ever.

Red_SC
May 14, 2004, 11:01 AM
Maybe I'm dense, but what was the crime? Besides having an illegal "banana clip?"

clipse
May 14, 2004, 11:11 AM
Maybe I'm dense, but what was the crime? Besides having an illegal "banana clip?"

Probably didn't have the stamp or whatever he needed to legally own the M4.

clipse

carbon15b
May 14, 2004, 11:32 AM
The article said M-4 AR-15. Didn't say how it was illegal, was it just an M-4 style upper? They would have said if it was select fire, they would never pass on that opportunity.

clipse
May 14, 2004, 11:35 AM
Confiscated guns included: A 12 gauge shotgun, a mini-14 .223-caliber rifle, two AK-47s, an M-4, an AR-15, a 9mm handgun, .44 Ruger revolver, .40-caliber handgun and a .22-caliber pistol.

He had both an M4 and an AR15.

clipse

boofus
May 14, 2004, 11:38 AM
I'm guessing the M4 had a 14.5 inch barrel and should have had a $200 NFA stamp. Those media vultures would have screamed FULLY AUTOMATIC DEATHRAY MACHINEGUN ASSAULT RIFLE if it was select fire.

raz-0
May 14, 2004, 12:27 PM
actually, if I'm going to guess, I'd guess in favor of having bought an m4gery type of ar and putting a collapsible stock on a post-ban rifle.

Traveler
May 14, 2004, 01:14 PM
California does not allow the M-4, which is too new to be included on the State registration. Also illegal, in CA, is the allowed access to the guns and magazines. Even if the ownership was above board, no one, other than the owner, can have access to those items. (You cannot even lend the guy next to you at the range a high cap. magazine.)

xdoctor
May 14, 2004, 01:20 PM
Being in my early 20's at least now I know that if I post pictures of me with my AK's or my AR, the ATF will come a knocking. And god forbid I have "boxes" of ammo, maybe I should invest in ziploc bags?? But if I'm under 30 and have ziploc bags I'm a drug dealer. :banghead:

TarpleyG
May 14, 2004, 01:52 PM
"concerned" adult
Read blissninny tattle-tale.

BluesBear
May 15, 2004, 05:53 AM
I'd have to see the original site in order to form an opinion.
Second hand accusations, by third rate journalists, just don't cut it with me.

Barbara
May 15, 2004, 10:20 AM
Evil black banana clip:

http://www.mhrw.com/Resourses/a-banana.gif

Old Fuff
May 15, 2004, 10:47 AM
I was confused about the obvious ignorance and stupidity …

Until I realized all of this was happening in California.

Then everything became clear.

carpettbaggerr
May 16, 2004, 03:12 AM
Teens' website spawns warrants which lead to assault rifle cache

By Chris Durant The Times-Standard

EUREKA -- Five law enforcement agencies, including the FBI and the U.S. Department of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms, served five search warrants Tuesday morning that led to the seizure of four assault rifles, a shotgun, another rifle and four handguns.

The Eureka Police Department said no one was arrested after the 7 a.m. raids, but a report has been filed with the Humboldt County District Attorney's Office.

Five teenagers, ranging from 16 to 18 years old, and an adult about 50 years old, were the subjects of the warrants.

The department said a "concerned" adult approached Eureka Police Department's School Resource Officer, Louis Altic, last Thursday and told him about a website some teenagers had created. Police are not releasing the website's address, but said it had pictures of some of the teens holding assault rifles, surrounded by ammunition and displaying gang signs.

http://media.mnginteractive.com/media/paper127/20040512_FPG_TFRT.JPG

Other areas of the site included a "Who do we hate list," biographies of the four teens that included statistics on how many fights they were in and their win and loss records. Another area of the site included license plate numbers of people on the "Who do we hate list."

The names on the list were young people, Eureka Police Detective Curt Honeycutt said.

The site also has an area named "Bum hunt" that shows pictures of homeless people around Eureka.

The weapons confiscated all belonged to the older man and only one was illegal. There were also "boxes" of ammunition found at the home.

Confiscated guns included: A 12 gauge shotgun, a mini-14 .223-caliber rifle, two AK-47s, an M-4, an AR-15, a 9mm handgun, .44 Ruger revolver, .40-caliber handgun and a .22-caliber pistol.

An illegal banana clip was also confiscated.

The illegal rifle was the M-4.

Authorities are trying to determine the older man's connection, if any, to the teens.

Honeycutt said everyone at the homes, including the older man, were generally cooperative.

He said the teens' parents knew of the website but not the extent of what was on it.

Three handguns were also found at another house, but not confiscated.

Honeycutt said the federal law enforcement agencies assisted in the serving of the warrants but charges, if any, will be on the state level.

Honeycutt referred to the number of school shootings that have occurred over the past decade.

"They may have not had explosives, but my God, look at what they had access to," Honeycutt said.

He said the teens didn't think anyone would find out about the site. Honeycutt also said that, although the teens claim to be affiliated with a gang, he doesn't consider them a true street gang.

The website is still operational and Honeycutt has left messages with the Internet service provider out of Utah.

"I hope they'll do the right thing," Honeycutt said.

Honeycutt will be meeting with the District Attorney's Office today to discuss possible charges.

joab
May 16, 2004, 09:41 AM
I did a web search and it seems that "banana clip" is an appropriate term, and I am all in favor of anyone found to be in illegal possession of one of these beiing prosecuted to the full extent
http://www.funwigs.com/cgi-bin/fw/scan/sf=category/se=hairpieces/sf=subcategory/se=banana_clip/ml=6?ZNQVMA3y%3B%3B45
http://search.ebay.com/banana-clip-wig_W0QQsokeywordredirectZ1QQsonewuserZ1
http://www.sensationaldayspa.com/IBS/SimpleCat/Product/asp/product-id/341646.html

Barbara
May 16, 2004, 11:27 AM
That is a completely knee-jerk reaction to hair accessories! You may not want to own or use one, but you have no right to ban their use by responsible adults. Fascist!

;)

Moparmike
May 16, 2004, 07:28 PM
The weapons confiscated all belonged to the older man and only one was illegal.They sound disapointed.

My god, they would shiat their pants if they knew what I was able to buy here in the United States instead of the PRK.:eek:

And that I just ordered 4 30rd AK mags in their own pouch and had them shipped to my door! W/O any hassle or paperwork! And I didnt have to sign for them from the FedEx guy! Oh my!:what: :what: :what:

nakanakanunu
May 16, 2004, 11:55 PM
the M4gery looks like it has a collapse stock, probably a pre/post hybrid

mutturfurkin nonsense:cuss:

Finch
May 17, 2004, 12:38 AM
I'm sure I'm going to get some backlash for this one but...

I doubt the FBI and ATF were after the man who had the firearms. If I were in a law enforcment capacity, and I saw a website in which highschool aged kids, surrounded by assault rifles, who posted a "who we hate list", I would be a little concerned as well. These kids don't seem to be the most rational.

If you enjoyed reading about "Website, youths and a stupid reporter" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!