New name for L&P forum

PDA

Dave Markowitz
May 17, 2004, 07:23 PM
Since Legal & Political is no longer a general political discussion forum, might I suggest that it be retitled "RKBA" or something similar to reflect its focus?

If you enjoyed reading about "New name for L&P forum" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
P95Carry
May 17, 2004, 07:59 PM
Maybe Dave ... just prefix the existing title with ''2A'' ... just to emphasize it's mission.

Coronach
May 17, 2004, 10:42 PM
Allow me to post the forum description for L&P which, btw, has remained unchanged from day one:Legal and Political
Get informed on issues affecting the right to keep and bear arms and other civil rights. Coordinate activism, debate with allies and opponents. Discuss laws concerning firearm ownership, concealed carry and self-defense.

Seems pretty straight forward to me.

Coronach

Moparmike
May 18, 2004, 02:30 AM
How about a change in the description. I believe it would clarify things nicely.

Get informed on issues only affecting the right to keep and bear arms and other civil rights. Coordinate activism, debate with allies and opponents about laws and politics relating to firearms and the BOR only. Discuss laws concerning firearm ownership, concealed carry and self-defense only.

Much more clear to me now.

carpettbaggerr
May 18, 2004, 03:04 AM
and other civil rights
Gonna have to change this part.

Alas :(

Tamara
May 19, 2004, 11:25 AM
"The scope of L&P is now limited to our primary function, the discussion of RKBA, both in the US and elsewhere, and to the discussion of the preservation of our Constitutionally-guaranteed human rights." -Oleg Volk

Moparmike
May 19, 2004, 01:55 PM
We have, Tamara. And things that we thought that fit within that definition didnt according to the moderators. So, that is what prompted me to suggest my redefinition, as well as the others that have contributed suggestions.

Tamara
May 25, 2004, 01:26 AM
Tell me, MoparMike, what the diff is between the current "discussion of the preservation of our Constitutionally-guaranteed human rights" and your proposed "debate with allies and opponents about laws and politics relating to ... the BOR only." :uhoh:

Is there some other part of the Constitution other than the BOR that guarantees our rights? :confused:

If you enjoyed reading about "New name for L&P forum" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!