It's gonna be allright...

PDA

sm
May 17, 2004, 07:52 PM
Jiminey Jumping Jeepers...

Just look at us.

Mix of getting out school for summer and starting school the next day.
All in the same 24 hour time frame.
Giving the Staff [both THR/TFL] gray hair... if they haven't already pulled it out...just like kids do to parents.

The reality is we change grades and schools and don't always see old classmates. We are afraid of change and hesitant to meet the new teachers and playmates.

These two forums have a focus. This is what separates THR/TFL from other forums. The Bar was raised and kept there.

IMO too much of what I call "line extension" be it too many forums, topics, or whatever is the downfall of many other forums. Observation from life itself- , gun mfgs "extend into too many lines" forgot the central focus, what made them what they were and lose out in the marketplace.

Same for everything that is 'less filling', 'lite', 'reduced fat','ultra lite', 'less carbs'...etc.

Best way to help the moderators and all...IMO...

-Well I just looked at the synopsis of all the Forums we have for both THR/TFL. They cover everything we need to keep the bar raised and educate ourselves and others.

-I figure the nice folks that volunteer their own resources time and money have other things to do than moderate threads [ even this one] or clsoe them.

-There is a reason no donations are allowed or rec'd by either forum.

-Yeah, well...gonna wait and see what Tuesday the 18th brings for THR/TFL. Heck If I got one foot on yesterday and one on tommorrow...I'm tinkling on today.

-Today is all I have, never a promise there will be a tommorrow. I bet labgrade would have liked another day. Betcha. Betcha he would have made good use of it too.

I recall entering HS, apprehensive and all. Home room was so-so. Damn what a cute young hottie I had for first period Biology tho'. Drove a 'vette too.

It'll be allright.

If you enjoyed reading about "It's gonna be allright..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
P95Carry
May 17, 2004, 08:14 PM
Today is all I have, never a promise there will be a tommorrow. I bet labgrade would have liked another day. Sound sentiments Steve .. as I put it (much same deal) ... ''tomorrow carries no guarantees.'' Every time ''tomorrow'' ... becomes ''today'' .... it feels good!

I think there is always some fear of change ... gets worse with age. The ''familiar'' is usually so much more comfortable, and reassuring. However, re this subject ... the commonality should be considerable but .. whilst I'll visit elsewhere .. with time constraints etc ..... my roots hopefully stay mostly in one place.

If you enjoyed reading about "It's gonna be allright..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!