Hope for the future

PDA

Average Guy
December 28, 2002, 01:28 PM
For my first post, I wanted to share a great and inspiring story. My wife and I went to my friends' house in my hometown to see them and give Christmas presents to their 3 kids (ages 9 to 13). For some reason I decided to "test" the kids about their schooling, so I asked, "Are guns bad?"

My goddaughter, the oldest, said, "No. People do bad things with them, but they're just tools."

I was so proud. :D

If you enjoyed reading about "Hope for the future" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Tady45
December 28, 2002, 01:42 PM
Well Average,
It's like anything else in this world. Training and understanding of any tool is the key to proper usage. Good for your Goddaughter, she will be a future member of this fourm perhaps. She may also no how to protect herself in this ever dangerous world.

Larry

10-Ring
December 28, 2002, 07:57 PM
Good answer! Wouldn't expect anything less from behind the orange curtain! ;)

JMax
December 28, 2002, 11:22 PM
Smart girl. Proud you should be.

JMax

Blackhawk
December 29, 2002, 12:48 AM
Smart kid, and good job by her parents, Average Guy!

Education begins at home. Kids need to be prepared for the dumbing down they'll be exposed to at school.

I'm proud of her, her parents, and you! :D

If you enjoyed reading about "Hope for the future" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!