This is for the Mods...

PDA

IRONFIST
May 18, 2004, 01:24 AM
I am sure that I will either get my post locked, castigated by LawDog:neener: or be banned outright, but I see the vast majority of our current issues being started by members that can't follow the rules, but also exacerbrated by Mods who don't MODERATE. Its seems like it is easier for the mods to do a blanket thread-lock down than do what they have volunteered for... that is to moderate. Do your job. First you warn, then you suspend, and finally you ban a member. In that order. If the discussion is too tense then step in and break it up, but don't get rid of the discussion all together. We are told that if we don't like it, we can leave. Thats a repugnant attitude to have because every member has value and their contributions to the overall board are needed. If they get too far out of hand then rein them in, but don't open the door for them. If moderating is a hard job, I am sorry but you volunteered for it, no one said it would be easy. I generally do support the Mods work on the board but I think this time they have taken the easier way out. Restricted to JUST firearms-related posts, the High Road will be a more peaceful, but eventually stale, place to talk. Go ahead and be pissed at me LawDog, I can take it...:rolleyes:

If you enjoyed reading about "This is for the Mods..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Oleg Volk
May 18, 2004, 01:29 AM
How about I take offense on his behalf instead?

My current instruction to the moderators is to keep ON-TOPIC posts open, remove people who can't conduct themselves in a civil, adult manner. Warning/suspension are a courtesy extended only to those members deemed valuable. Plain rude folks get bounced out of the door without a warning. We have over ten thousand polite, civil members with much knowledge and strong opinions. Somehow they manage to discuss touchy subjects without acting juvenile. The exceptions will have to shape up or ship out.

If you enjoyed reading about "This is for the Mods..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!