Help! P22 Internal trigger lock stuck

PDA

RandolH
May 18, 2004, 12:58 AM
I purchased a Walter p22 not three days ago, and after a day at the range on Sunday I turned the internal trigger lock to "safe" before bringing it home. Turns out, I can't get the thing unstuck. I've tried everything and every possible combination short of taking it down, which I'm not sure is even possible since the trigger lock freezes the slide and hammer as well as the trigger.

I've put oil in there, tried putting some cloth in to give the key a better grip all to no avail. I can get it to turn maybe 10 degrees clockwise towards the "fire"position and back to safe, but it won't go beyond that one mark. I'm pretty much at a loss here, any help is greatly appreciated.

If you enjoyed reading about "Help! P22 Internal trigger lock stuck" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
BrianN
May 24, 2004, 10:29 PM
Sent you a pm a couple days ago........might help

-B

Deavis
May 25, 2004, 06:52 PM
I had a similiar problem with my P22. No matter what I tried it stayed locked. It was having some problems with the saftey (saftey came on after firing a round), so I sent it back to Walther in the locked state. Somehow they unlocked it and I have never locked it since. Great service from Walther, they even paid for shipping!

Anyhow, if you figure out how to unlock it with that crappy key they give you, copy me on the solution.

If you enjoyed reading about "Help! P22 Internal trigger lock stuck" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!