Need feedback on Hi-Viz sights

PDA

BadJohn
February 10, 2003, 10:41 AM
Thinking of trying a Hi-Viz on my p99.Any experiences good or bad would be apreciated.

If you enjoyed reading about "Need feedback on Hi-Viz sights" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Sprout
February 13, 2003, 02:06 PM
I'd also like to know. They sound pretty interesting.

SoDFW Jason
February 13, 2003, 04:00 PM
John,

I picked up a Browning Buckmark for my son's B-day yesterday that has a Hi-Viz front sight. You can try it out this weekend to see what you think about it.

Pheonix
February 13, 2003, 04:12 PM
I bought them for my G26 in bright light they really glow! Indoors, like at a range, they are barely noticable. In the dark, thay are useless. Save your money, buy nightsights, that is my next step. My Hi-Viz also cause me to have to aim 6" low at 50 ft.

The Mayor
February 13, 2003, 07:26 PM
I have the S&W 340PD HiVis and plan on installing night sights. Outside they glow but inside their unimpressive on a defensive gun. On a rifle or shotgun I bet they're great.

Bottom Gun
February 14, 2003, 08:58 AM
My Marlin .22 mag rifle came with Williams Fire Sights, which are very similar to the Hi-Viz sights.
Outdoors, they light up like they were electric. They are particularly useful when the light starts fading at sunset or on overcast days when you want to take aim at something in the shadows. They require very little light to illuminate and are visible when ordinary sights would not be.
Indoors, there is seldom enough light to illuminate them so they function like ordinary sights.
Personally, I like them since most of my shooting is done outside.
They work well with old eyes.

In contrast, the night sights on my 1911 aren't very visible until they are in a very dark environment. I'm still trying to decide if I like them or not. The darker the environment, the more visible they are. They glow their brightest when target identification is the most difficult.
I haven't tried them yet in conjunction with a secondary light source such as a flashlight. Maybe that's the key to using them. At this point, I'm undecided on their usefullness.

If you enjoyed reading about "Need feedback on Hi-Viz sights" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!