Growing "ALIAS" fan

PDA

10-Ring
February 10, 2003, 11:56 AM
Noticed that the last few time Sidney had a pistol in her hands, it's been some form of USP :cool: :cool: There is some seriously good work being done over on that set :evil: :D

If you enjoyed reading about "Growing "ALIAS" fan" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
10-Ring
February 10, 2003, 12:37 PM
Hey, don't get me wrong, I was seriously diggin' the episode that started her off in lingerie, but if that's all I discussed, this thread would be very OT :D

cratz2
February 10, 2003, 12:56 PM
And it featured a Contour SVT last night. Of course it was in Paris so they should have had an ST220 but still... very choice car.

Decent

Dannyboy
February 10, 2003, 12:57 PM
I'm a big fan of the show, myself. However, there was a scene last night where the guy had to identify a pistol by the sound of the hammer cocking. He correctly guessed it was a 1911 and that the safety was still on. Anyway, I know it's just fiction but that was a bit far-fetched. Almost as far-fetched as the so-called mercenary carrying a 1911 with the hammer down. I would think that somebody in that line of work would carry in Condition 1.

TheFrontRange
February 10, 2003, 01:11 PM
guessed it was a 1911

I was all ears on that scene, too...looked like a pretty nice 1911, too, with some good low-profile sights hahaha...but I was left thinking the same thing about the "hammer-cocking" issue.

And it featured a Contour SVT
I figured that was because Ford is a major sponsor of theirs and was running an SVT ad all through the show.

Was anyone able to tell what Sydneys' father was packing in the scene where he was using a combat light? Maybe a Glock?

10-Ring
February 10, 2003, 01:19 PM
Sidney's dad (Jack) has carried SIGs in the past. Room was really dark, I couldn't even make out an outline :(

BerettaNut92
February 10, 2003, 01:27 PM
You know, my friend recommended that show to me. She digs it, but I'm not into any of those super secret agent shows on TV.

Makes me barf when I go to class. "So, how'd you get interested in forensics?"

"Drrr...I watched a couple episodes of CSI...."

What's Alias about?

TheFrontRange
February 10, 2003, 01:50 PM
What's Alias about?

Skunk, in a nutshell...well, okay, more like a whole sack of nutshells...

Sidney Bristow was recruited by what she thought was the CIA while attending college. It turns out the organization recruiting her (and others) is called SD-6, a branch of a larger network known as "The Alliance," an international criminal espionage network with its hands in virtually everything.

Sidney's father, Jack, also works for SD-6...but he is a double-agent, with his true alliance being with the "real" CIA. In the first episode he reveals this to Sidney and she winds up turning herself into the CIA, who decides to keep both her and father running as double-agents. Most of Sidneys' SD-6 missions had a CIA counter-mission.

Like Sidney did, most of the rank-and-file SD-6 employees THOUGHT they were employed by the CIA, never realizing that their patriotism and duty were being parlayed toward evil ends by the head of SD-6, the sinister Arvin Sloane.

(...okay, it's time for a good old "Mack Bolan" novel or something here...LOL...)

Anyway, recent episodes have seen the demise of The Alliance in the wake of the mysterious "disappearance" of Sloane. In last night's episode it was revealed that Sloane and an ally of his (cannot remember the dude's name) are in cahoots to assemble a "Rombaldi Device," an artifact constructed in turn by the proper assemblage of other devices Sloane has been collecting for over thirty years. It was his ulitmate plan to have The Alliance brought down so that he could utilize this Rombaldi Device, the true nature of which has (I guess) not been shown, but which the CIA suspects is some sort of all-powerful weapon.

Toss in an assortment of other characters...Sidney's CIA handler/love interest...her friend Francie who has been killed and replaced with a look-alike thus far unknown to Sidney...Sidney's former KGB-agent mother, now in CIA custody...the newspaper reporter who liked Sidney and is now also on the CIA payroll...Sidney's partner on most of her SD-6 missions who is now being offered a spot with the CIA but who is devastated to find that he'd been duped for years...etc., etc....and you've got yourself one fine hour of Sunday night television.

...okay...I have GOT to go get a hobby other than plugging this show now... :)

Croyance
February 10, 2003, 02:05 PM
I saw one episode of the new season. I noticed that the good guys will shoot now, where in the first season they only knocked people out. Seems more reasonable when you are fighting for your life.

TheFrontRange
February 10, 2003, 02:08 PM
Seems more reasonable when you are fighting for your life.

I've noticed that, too...what about scenes (in "Alias" and elsewhere) where the unarmed (or at least lightly-armed) hero/heroine incapacitates a bad guy who's packing an MP-5 or something...and DOESN'T take their gun?!! Aahhkkk!!! :)

spacemanspiff
February 10, 2003, 02:21 PM
no kidding. i'd be retrieving all the cool weapons and gadgets, if only to turn around and sell them. unless it was a mp5. there should be a law or something that says if you kill a badguy you can claim any of his possessions that are on his person.

kinda o/t but i've been wondering what happens to the guns used in suicides. does the family get them?

TheFrontRange
February 10, 2003, 02:25 PM
no kidding. i'd be retrieving all the cool weapons and gadgets, if only to turn around and sell them. unless it was a mp5. there should be a law or something that says if you kill a badguy you can claim any of his possessions that are on his person.

I agree, Spacemanspiff...just like in "D&D," "Top Secret," "Traveller," and the tons of other role-playing games I used to play as a kid in the '80s...if you bested 'em, you took their stuff! :)

Zundfolge
February 10, 2003, 02:27 PM
Sidney's dad (Jack) has carried SIGs
Jack Bristo carries a Kahr MK

even though he is supposed to have used a Glock to kill that one bad (and whiny) CIA agent (although in the scene where he has him on the hood of his car and threatening him, it was a Kahr MK).

I've noticed lots of cool guns on that show (one of the coolest was a badguy with a Metaba)

Pendragon
February 10, 2003, 02:40 PM
I think it was a Focus SVT and I am sure I have seen other people using that exact 1911.

ahenry
February 10, 2003, 03:27 PM
kinda o/t but i've been wondering what happens to the guns used in suicides. does the family get them? Yes.

Shalako
February 10, 2003, 03:32 PM
I caught about five minutes of last night's episode. pretty cool. I liked how when there was a knock at the door, the kidnappers just get up and open it. Next scene shows two prone BGs in the foreground in a pool of their own blood. Whoa, shoot first and ask questions later, eh. I like it.

jmbg29
February 10, 2003, 03:36 PM
There are guns and cars on that show?:what: :confused: :D

10-Ring
February 10, 2003, 03:46 PM
There are guns and cars on that show?

There'll be none of that, we're talking about the guns as seen on "Alias" as well as the wonderful story lines that have been created, k? :neener: :evil:

wingnutx
February 10, 2003, 03:47 PM
I've been meaning to watch this show, since Sidney is supposed to be a Krav Maga practitioner. Krav isn't very show, actually looks kind of sloppy compared to most TV chop-socky, so I wonder how it turns out.

That, and Sidney looks smokin' in the lingerie pics I've seen on the web.

TimH
February 10, 2003, 04:10 PM
but this season, especially lately, to much sex/flesh. Yup Sydney is nice to look at but....

Gila Jorge
February 10, 2003, 04:28 PM
Sidney Bristow defines cunning and nimble little minx....some involved plots as well. Runs week to week or sort of so if you get out of sync you miss a bunch.

jmbg29
February 10, 2003, 04:42 PM
but this season, especially lately, to much sex/flesh. Yup Sydney is nice to look at but....[FINGERSINEARS]LALALALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU! LALALALALALALALA[/FINGERINEARS] :evil:

UnknownSailor
February 10, 2003, 05:08 PM
To those who watched last night, did anyone else catch the strategic zoom-in on the Ford SVT badge, during the run to the bank through Switzerland?

All I could think was, "Nooooooo! They've gone 007 on us!"

TheFrontRange
February 10, 2003, 05:14 PM
To those who watched last night, did anyone else catch the strategic zoom-in on the Ford SVT badge, during the run to the bank through Switzerland?

Yes, I saw it!

Now I want to see Sidney openly guzzling a Coke/Pepsi/Dr.Pepper or whatever cola-maker runs ads during the show!

Wilhelm
February 10, 2003, 05:36 PM
Jennifer Garner is also staring in DareDevil. She plays Electra, I look forward to seeing her skill with the sai.

Wilhelm

10-Ring
February 10, 2003, 07:15 PM
Jennifer Garner is also staring in DareDevil. She plays Electra, I look forward to seeing her skill with the sai.

yeah, that's it...her skill w/ the sai :neener: :evil:

BerettaNut92
February 10, 2003, 07:46 PM

What's an SVT, So Very Tactical, and it's been hard-chromed at Ford's?

Hows the gun handling btw

Pendragon
February 10, 2003, 08:23 PM
Swift Vehicle Technology

Fords with fact'ry go-fast gear.

If you enjoyed reading about "Growing "ALIAS" fan" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!