Colt Trooper Rear Sight Question

PDA

The Real Hawkeye
May 18, 2004, 07:54 PM
I just picked up a nice old Colt Trooper .357 Mangum. Didn't realize till I got it home, however, that the rear sight has been messed with. Previous owner filed it open into a U shape, instead of its factory config, and the work was sloppy. I think they keep the lighting in gun stores dim for a reason. Anyway, do they still make replacement rear sight plates for that at Colt, or after market? Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "Colt Trooper Rear Sight Question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Old Fuff
May 18, 2004, 10:06 PM
It uses the same rear sight as the Python. Colt, Brownells and Numrich/The Gunparts Corp. should all have sights as well as components. You might get by by just buying the leaf.

Standing Wolf
May 18, 2004, 11:36 PM
This appears to be a double post. I suggested http://www.millettsights.com on the other thread.

The Real Hawkeye
May 19, 2004, 08:30 AM
Yeah, I wasn't sure which category would be most likely to get a response. Thanks. It looks like this is the better forum, so I will delete the other one.

If you enjoyed reading about "Colt Trooper Rear Sight Question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!