Question on two gun values

PDA

Big_R
May 19, 2004, 08:16 PM
I'm trying to do some estimating for insurance values and am a bit stumped on two rifles.

First is a Beretta FS-1 in 12 gauge. The metal and wood are in good condition. Some markings: Pietro Beretta Gardone V.T. Made in Italy, Ausonia Electric Steel, Fucile Rinforzato Speciale Brevettato. It appears a vent rib was added since there's engraving by the barrel breech that's partially covered by the rib. The rib is marked Simmons Gun Specialties Patented.

Second is an Eddystone P-17 that all stampings appears to match. It's got the flaming bomb on the receiver, bolt, and barrel. It's marked 7-18. Every part I can see has an "E" stamped in it. It is missing the front sling swivel, and is parkerized. It has a really nice stock with a few dings. The bore is very good, no cleaning kit or bayonet. The receiver is stamped US Model of Eddystone 1917 S/N 8359XX.

I've surfed the internet auction sites and see a wide spread of prices on the Eddystone, but have never seen another FS-1. Any help would be appreciated.

Ryan

If you enjoyed reading about "Question on two gun values" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
If you enjoyed reading about "Question on two gun values" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!