Kingpin

PDA

Croyance
February 10, 2003, 02:43 PM
My turn to add to the list of spotted TV gun inaccuracies.
In the NBC mini-series Kingpin, a hitman fires a shot from a gun in slide lock.
He just emptied 2 guns (one in each hand) at a car full of people. They (naturally) go into slidelock. One person survived, opens a door and falls out. The hitman points a gun that is still in slidelock at him, and fires a shot. No reloading, no releasing the slide.

If you enjoyed reading about "Kingpin" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Kharn
February 10, 2003, 03:28 PM
:what: LOL. Now if only Hollywood would hire some real gunnies...

Kharn

PATH
February 10, 2003, 04:07 PM
With the exception of those of us who know most people don't know any better. Hollywood sure as heck does not klnow any better. I love seeing 40 shots fored with reloading. I guess they are just so fast you cannot see!:rolleyes: :D

Sisco
February 10, 2003, 04:36 PM
I only watched a portion of the first episode, so someone please correct me if I have the wrong impression of the show.
The area I live in has a high minority population, Hispanic and Asian, legal & illegal.
Certainly not all, but a large portion of the Latino youth display a "I wanna be a gangsta gangbanger" attitude.
Now NBC brings us "Kingpin". Is this really the type of role model Hispanics want their kids emulating?
Again, someone correct me if I'm wrong here.

TheOtherOne
February 10, 2003, 04:53 PM
I only watched a portion of the first episode, so someone please correct me if I have the wrong impression of the show.
The area I live in has a high minority population, Hispanic and Asian, legal & illegal.
Certainly not all, but a large portion of the Latino youth display a "I wanna be a gangsta gangbanger" attitude.
Now NBC brings us "Kingpin". Is this really the type of role model Hispanics want their kids emulating?
Again, someone correct me if I'm wrong here.

It's a TV show. The Sopranos is a TV show and maybe lots of Italian kids want to grow up to be gangsters because of shows and movies like that.... but I bet most don't and end up being great people.

Sorry but I see no difference (in that matter) between the two shows.

Sisco
February 10, 2003, 05:11 PM
Yes, it's just TV and yes, it's probably no different than "The Sopranos" but...
Compair the number of shows with Italian characters ("Everybody Loves Raymond" comes to mind") with the number of shows that feature Hispanics.
Comapiring Italians with the Mafia has been done so long most people realize it's only a false stereotype. What I see around here being a famous gangster is a goal.

TexasVet
February 11, 2003, 12:46 AM
Hey, it's just "Godfather II" in Spanish. "Let's get Mike, oops, Miguel, to run the business!"

45R
February 11, 2003, 12:48 AM
What about the corrupt police officer that shot the Federal Agents with a non cocked 1911? :)

nualle
February 11, 2003, 12:51 AM
PATH lamented:
I love seeing 40 shots fored with reloading. I guess they are just so fast you cannot see!
There are only, what... 42 minutes, now? of programming per hour of tube time. So chores like reloading are handled more or less like going to the loo. Everyone knows they gotta do it, but nobody wants to see it on screen.

At least that's what I always figured it was.

That doesn't even touch the silliness of firing shots from a visibly empty semi-auto. That's just lazy director syndrome.

Croyance
February 11, 2003, 12:59 AM
Well Sisco, how about the George Lopez show? That is a hispanic family sit-com.
Really, if anybody's kids are choosing role models from entertainment and entertainers, I just cannot see a great future for them.

Sisco
February 11, 2003, 01:35 AM
if anybody's kids are choosing role models from entertainment and entertainers, I just cannot see a great future for them.
Unfortunately everything you say there is true but happens everyday.
I may be making too much out of the whole thing. I have a channel select button on my remote and I'm not afraid to use it.

If you enjoyed reading about "Kingpin" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!