Just joined the NRA

PDA

Justin
February 10, 2003, 03:20 PM
Well, back in my days of being unemployed, I promised myself that I'd join the NRA just as soon as I get my first paycheck.

My first paycheck came.
I just joined via their website.:)

If you enjoyed reading about "Just joined the NRA" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
RobW
February 10, 2003, 03:24 PM
Congrats! May the money be with you!

DMK
February 10, 2003, 03:59 PM
Good for you!

They may not be the best thing for us, but it's sure better than giving the money to K-mart!

Steve Smith
February 10, 2003, 04:02 PM
Hoorah for Justin!

PATH
February 10, 2003, 04:08 PM
I am glad you are on board!:)

jmbg29
February 10, 2003, 04:13 PM
Welcome aboard!

jmbg29: Certified N.R.A. Instructor Home Firearms Safety/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Personal Protection/Range Safety Officer

:D Thanks for helping to make it possible to continue the work of teaching safety, informing the ignorant masses, funding N.R.A. Attorneys (a necessary evil), etc...

Our local sportsmen's club has had the 3 time honor of being a Friends of the N.R.A. grant recipient (FONRA banquet fundraiser money >not dues<). The funding helped us to get enough equipment to be able to teach roughly 25 classes a year. With firearms that fit the students, and are comparable to each other, so that distractions and anxiety from student to student is minimized.

We have 15 instructors, but our best one - GRD from TFL & THR - left us. He likes shoveling snow in Maine better than rain here in the People's Republic of Western WA. ;)

N.R.A. can be very frustrating when seen in snapshots. Look at the big picture though, and you will come to the conclusion that all of our guns, and all of our rights, would be long gone without them. Something to think about when those annoying money-begging letters start showing up.

And they will, oh yes precious, they will.;) :p :evil:

IdahoFarmer
February 10, 2003, 05:07 PM
jmbg29:

Is there an online resource that provides a directory of Certified NRA instructors and, if available, their contact information? I'm looking to continue my education and get my wife into some classes.

Farmer

jmbg29
February 10, 2003, 05:30 PM
http://www.nratraining.org

Click on Instructor List.

cobb
February 10, 2003, 05:54 PM
Try this link (http://www.nrahq.org/education/training/find.asp).
It will let you search your state for class scheduals.

cobb
February 10, 2003, 05:57 PM
Oh ya, way to go Justin. We can always use new members and their support of the NRA.

ralphtt
February 10, 2003, 06:12 PM
And welcome aboard. :D

We need all the help we can get.

Peetmoss
February 10, 2003, 07:28 PM
Glad to here it Justin. Just a reminder though once you get a few more paychecks please don't forget about the GOA and a local gun rights group. My personal belief is the local guys give the most bang for the buck.

Bainx
February 10, 2003, 08:39 PM
Glad you joined. The way I see it, the NRA does a job I don't really have time to do.....lobby in Washington, D.C.

Stephen Ewing
February 10, 2003, 08:41 PM
Welcome aboard. Now that it's your money you can REALLY cuss the NRA. :evil:

Steve

Standing Wolf
February 10, 2003, 09:53 PM
Congratulations on your new job and membership in the N.R.A.!

Ledbetter
February 11, 2003, 04:03 PM
I joined the year of the big lawsuit against Colt (1999). Congratulations on joining the assault on Washington.

Shooter 2.5
February 11, 2003, 05:25 PM
Thank you Justin.

After a bad day of writing to people who won't join for some pretty lame reasons, it's nice to have you on board.

Be sure to look at all the programs the NRA has. There are a lot that never get publicized.

Justin
February 11, 2003, 06:28 PM
Philosophically, I'm right there with the guys at GOA. But they just don't have the numbers/clout to really make an impression. (This is not to say that I don't have the intention of joining them at some point. Perhaps when I get a raise?) The NRA certainly isn't perfect, but they do get people's attention.

Also, as a training organization, there's none better.
That, and I want to start getting back into serious competitive shooting. It's been awhile since I've done any of that.

But the best part is where the money's coming from.
There's just something delightfully subversive about taking money from the media and giving it to the NRA.:neener:

GlockHobbit
February 11, 2003, 06:42 PM
Before I send in a check to the NRA, I would like to know all of your thoughts about not joining because of the "Are you a member of the NRA?" question that I hear is sometimes asked of potential jurors. Would it be more beneficial to our cause to add 1 more name to the list of NRA members, or send my check to a group like GOA in case I have the opportunity to sit on a jury that may hear a case that has to do with our Unconstitutional gun laws?

rln
February 11, 2003, 07:22 PM
Thanks Justin!!!!!!!!!

Woodchuck
February 11, 2003, 07:33 PM
Thank you Justin and welcome. I'm glad you're a proactive guy and not a whiner like many other so called pro-2A supporters. It takes action to get things done. You've taken the first big step. You've put your money where your mouth is.

coonan357
February 11, 2003, 07:47 PM
Welcome Justin!!!! you know you can become a lifer by using the easy payment plan . $25 a quarter till its paid off , best investment in my opinion . thats how I did it .

hondo68
February 11, 2003, 07:48 PM
I'm sorry to hear that. Incremental disarmament is terrible disease, just look at your cohorts in the Brady Bunch! Get well soon.

ReadyontheRight
February 11, 2003, 08:52 PM
Way to go Justin. Also please check out www.jpfo.org and www.gunowners.org. But save up a little money for some weaponry.:D

Selfdfenz
February 11, 2003, 09:12 PM
Justin, excellent!

The NRA is not perfect but they are also a lot better than many of the flamers would have you believe.
After years of annual memberships, I did the "installment plan" and have been a Lifer longer than I can remember. Consider it.

I've brought many new members into the organization and they have accounted for a few more.

Glockhobbit,
Join by all means. Forget the jury issue.
1. You'll be luckey it be on a jury more than a very few times in your life.
2. the RKBA movements need support every day and the NRA is one of them
3.when you join and if you ever get asked the question in jury selection, answer it truthfully......yeah it may get you struck....but it also IDs you to the side that just might need you and that could be important to someone just like yourself someday who needs an NRA member or two on a jury.

Been there, needed that:)

S-

4thHorseman
February 11, 2003, 09:15 PM
That's great! Good for you Justin, good for all of us!:)

JohnBT
February 12, 2003, 10:36 AM
Congratulations!!!

And THANKS!!!

John

If you enjoyed reading about "Just joined the NRA" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!