Pro-Shooting Sports Clothing Companies

PDA

BerettaNut92
February 10, 2003, 05:01 PM
Royal Robbins
LL Bean
Cabela's

Who else?

If you enjoyed reading about "Pro-Shooting Sports Clothing Companies" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Jackanape
February 10, 2003, 05:27 PM
Wrangler perhaps? I'm not sure, just a hunch...

Wayne D
February 10, 2003, 08:10 PM
When "Gun Buybacks" were the hot fad during the Klinton years, Columbia Sportswear was going to sponsor one. When shooters started protesting, Columbia apologized for not knowing any better and withdrew their support. To listen to hunters and shooters during the Klinton years, when gun control had the most popular support of any time in history, took a lot of balls.

BerettaNut92
February 11, 2003, 12:38 AM
So is Columbia a go or no-go?

Boats
February 11, 2003, 01:12 AM
I'd give Columbia a pass until proven otherwise.

My own preference is for US made mil-spec BDU pants in solid, non-threatening colors like Navy, Brown, Grey, and Khaki. With the blousing tabs at the ankles tacked up and some Nikes, they look rather normal but still have the reinforced crotch and knees along with the cargo pockets. I can roll around in them at the range and not feel like I am trashing anything that cost big money.

Wayne D
February 11, 2003, 08:30 AM
I’m sorry if my post was not clear, I thought I was clear. As soon as Columbia discovered that what they thought was a good idea was not popular with shooters and why. They immediately stopped and apologized, and as far as I know they have supported us ever since.

So, to sum it up, they listened to us and deserve our support.

bogie
February 11, 2003, 10:57 AM
That's the kicker folks - MOST folks that we perceive as "anti" actually mean well. They're just underinformed. We've got two ways we can proceed with 'em. We can call 'em up and scream and bitch and threaten 'em (and reinforce the negative image...), or we can call 'em up, act polite like momma taught us, and teach 'em.

It's unintended consequences, folks...

Boats
February 11, 2003, 11:05 AM
Sorry, I could have been clearer too. I would go ahead and buy Columbia if you want until they give you a fresher reason not to.

BerettaNut92
February 11, 2003, 02:02 PM
I been buying RR and Bean ever since I came to my tactical epiphany and dropped Levi's.

Not cheap, living on less but at least I can sleep at night.

Wayne D
February 12, 2003, 08:43 AM
For jeans, I switched to Wranglers. Once you get old, bald and ugly like me, status symbols don't matter much. Not to mention, they are a lot cheaper too.

NewShooter78
February 12, 2003, 09:34 AM
Sometimes I wonder about companies that make camaflouge clothing, that aren't government contractors (and even them too). I guess I'll have to start doing some research on that.

If you enjoyed reading about "Pro-Shooting Sports Clothing Companies" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!