Sistema Colt sight installation---whats best

PDA

CrazyIrishman
May 21, 2004, 10:13 PM
I've recently acquired a 1957 Sistema Colt 1911 and I was thinking about having a three dot F & R low profile tritium sight set installed.

I have three questions regarding the front sight. The first one is which heighth sight is best? Two, what method works best to attach the sight to the slide not including a dovetail? I would prefer the sight to be attached in a way thats not obvious yet solid. And three,should this work be done before or after refinishing?

THX

If you enjoyed reading about "Sistema Colt sight installation---whats best" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Dave Sample
May 23, 2004, 03:32 PM
I used Meprolites and staked in the front sight after re finishing. I got the front of the slide ready first so the sight would set flat when I was ready to install it. I woud suggest that a smith do the installation to CYA in case one of those vials breaks. Nite lights are fun but you have to be careful not to bust them when you install them. A dove tail front would work, too. Good Luck!

If you enjoyed reading about "Sistema Colt sight installation---whats best" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!