Disassembly Weatherby XXII

PDA

Oscar Orum
May 22, 2004, 10:05 AM
I need instructions in disassembly of a Weatherby XXII rimfire. It is a clip feed and I would like to take the bolt out to clean the bolt face and run a rod through from the receiver. I dont want to tear it completely down as I would be in more trouble than I could handle. I see a cross bolt at the rear of the receiver and removed it but put it back when nothing fell apart.
Thanks for your attention and appreciate suggestions.

If you enjoyed reading about "Disassembly Weatherby XXII" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
burrhead
May 22, 2004, 09:29 PM
This is from the cobwebs of my memory but it goes something like this. Remove the action from the stock. Push out the cross pin. Push the trigger group about 1/4 of an inch to the rear and then down to remove it. It may need a little tap with a mallet. The bolt handle is held into the bolt with a ball detent. Pull out on the bolt handle and it will come out of the bolt. Pull the bolt a little to the rear and lift the front of the bolt out of the receiver while controling the recoil spring.
That's it. It really is simpler than it sounds. Good luck.

BTW, Mark XXIIs are really great and under rated .22s. Mine is ridiculously accurate

Oscar Orum
May 24, 2004, 03:14 PM
burrhead- you are absolutely correct and give good instructions. I found a very helpful source for all of us...Harley Noldens he has a web site and is on THR as the third item under "venues" He sent me about a 6 page total disassembly of the rifle, including pictures, step by step. Thanks for your help.

If you enjoyed reading about "Disassembly Weatherby XXII" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!