CCW Reciprocation

PDA

Maestro
February 10, 2003, 06:12 PM
Hello,
I finally got around to getting my CCW license for Virginia.Can someone point me to a site where I might find which states will honor it?Thanks for the help.
Mike

If you enjoyed reading about "CCW Reciprocation" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
MitchSchaft
February 10, 2003, 06:13 PM
www.packing.org

sm
February 10, 2003, 06:15 PM
http://www.packing.org/

blades67
February 10, 2003, 06:20 PM
You should also check with each State you may go to.

rock jock
February 10, 2003, 07:03 PM
The term is "reciprocity".

Flatfender
February 10, 2003, 07:40 PM
I prefer the term "Synchronicity".

:D

With one breath, with one flow
You will know
Synchronicity

A sleep trance, a dream dance,
A shared romance,
Synchronicity

Sting

spacemanspiff
February 10, 2003, 07:43 PM
alaska recognizes all valid concealed handgun permits. but you must abide my alaska concealed handgun laws if you visit. in other words, if your state doesnt require you to inform a LEO that you have the permit and are carrying, if you are visiting alaska, you MUST inform the LEO if you are approached by them.

packing.org is the place to find out all the nitty gritty details.

El Tejon
February 10, 2003, 09:45 PM
space, even foreign countries?:confused:

Country Boy
February 11, 2003, 09:06 AM
Yeah, use the license tool at packing.org

Leatherneck
February 11, 2003, 10:39 AM
that's packing.org, not packing.com.

Our permits are recognized by AK, ID, IN, KY, MI, MT, TN, UT, and WBGV.

TC
TFL Survivor

Blackhawk
February 11, 2003, 12:09 PM
Odd that VA honors some state's permits but they don't honor VA's. Must be some "unacceptable" variances in the issue laws among them....

Leatherneck
February 11, 2003, 12:29 PM
I agree. Compare the states that honor a VA permit above with the list of states that Virginia recognizes:
AK, AZ, AR, ID, LA, MI, NC, OK, SC, TN, TX, UT, WA, and WV.

It's apparent (if packing.org is correct and I'm reading correctly) that IN, KY, and MO honor ours but we don't theirs. And we honor those of AZ, AR, LA, NC, OK, SC, TX, and WA but they don't honor ours. I'd guess it has something to do with required in-state training.

Nah, we don't need national CCW. Who could be so stupid as to get confused over this? :rolleyes:

TC
TFL Survivor

If you enjoyed reading about "CCW Reciprocation" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!