Barrett's response to LAPD

PDA

45R
February 10, 2003, 07:13 PM
http://nramemberscouncils.com/caspecial/la50banbarrett.shtml

:what: :)

If you enjoyed reading about "Barrett's response to LAPD" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Triad
February 10, 2003, 07:29 PM
I will not sell, nor service, my rifles to those seeking to infringe upon the Constitution and the crystal clear rights it affords individuals to own firearms.

Good for him. All the gun makers should do this.

NewShooter78
February 10, 2003, 07:40 PM
Now this is a gun manufacturer we can all stand behind. Its good to see someone with 100% brass cahones (I don't know if that's the correct spelling). I hope he sends back the rifle withough fixing it, or better yet refunds the money they spent on the rifle and not send it back to them at all.

Flatfender
February 10, 2003, 07:46 PM
I don't know about "Brass" ones but here are the relative sized ones...

bedlamite
February 10, 2003, 07:46 PM
If only Glock would so the same

Carlos
February 10, 2003, 07:47 PM
Great letter. Wish I had the cash to buy one of these babes.

I'm afraid his letter will fall upon deaf, and sheeple-like, ears.

I hate morons. :( More so, I hate California.

NewShooter78
February 10, 2003, 07:51 PM
weird double post...oops

George Hill
February 10, 2003, 08:08 PM
Make my Fifty a Barrett.

HABU
February 10, 2003, 09:15 PM
Good for you, Ronnie Barrett!

Yohan
February 10, 2003, 09:55 PM
http://www.supermanhomepage.com/images/fan-art/nomattsland-hero.jpg

Sisco
February 10, 2003, 10:51 PM
I want to see LAPD's response.

thumbtack
February 10, 2003, 11:55 PM
I wish I had the money to buy one of his 82A1. He sounds like a real stand up guy.

Flying V
February 11, 2003, 12:05 AM
Barrett's rifles are way out of my price range, but I just ordered a shirt.

Derek Zeanah
February 11, 2003, 12:10 AM
That was great.

Looks like I might have to support the guy too. ;)

Now, how to justify a .50 to the wife, and how to fund it...

sixgun_symphony
February 11, 2003, 12:24 AM
That was great.

Looks like I might have to support the guy too.

Now, how to justify a .50 to the wife, and how to fund it...

Work overtime and save that extra cash. After about a year you should have it. Since the OT money is outside the budget, the wife should not mind.

chink
February 11, 2003, 04:04 AM
too bad my job doesn't pay overtime. well.. I don't think it does. I have never work at a place where 40 hours was just a number people laughed about

This new job probably pays overtime if you need to, but I can't justify it.. hell.. I barely have 40 hours of as it is

Bob Locke
February 11, 2003, 04:39 AM
Did someone say "overtime"? I'll be clocking 56 hours of it in the next two weeks alone, followed by 32 the following two weeks.

"Oh, honey, I saw this REALLY neat rifle..."

(Unfortunately, by the time our Favorite Uncle gets done with it, there won't really be that much left. Certainly not enough for an 82A1.)

But I'm gonna put SOME of it away, and bide my time. Little bit here, little bit there.

NewShooter78
February 11, 2003, 11:36 AM
I know the rifles are expensive, but how about the ammo. Even if you have one of these wouldn't the .50BMG ammo burn a considerable hole in your pocket too?

Blackhawk
February 11, 2003, 11:57 AM
Good for him! :neener:

See the M82A1 on his site: http://www.barrettrifles.com/rifles_82A1.html

Sisco
February 11, 2003, 02:33 PM
know the rifles are expensive, but how about the ammo. Even if you have one of these wouldn't the .50BMG ammo burn a considerable hole in your pocket too?
Locally military surplus ammo is $1.50 everytime you pull the trigger. Not sure if reloading would be any cheaper.

shadow 1
February 11, 2003, 03:12 PM
His rifle is waaay out of my effective wallet range, but I did pick up a tee and hat to show support.:evil:

lapidator
February 11, 2003, 05:25 PM
... the guy that brings a .50BMG to the party will be able to borrow any MBR (Modern Battle Rifle) he wants.

-- Boston T. Party, Boston's Gun Bible on why you should make getting a "fity" a priority.

:D

lapidator

Average Guy
February 11, 2003, 09:35 PM
Wow. Impressive.

"Dear LAPD: We're very sorry, but your .50 must have been lost in shipping. Please file a claim with the carrier."

Y'know, using the "might" argument, you could effectively ban ANYTHING. "Sure, no one has ever been killed by a cotton ball, but it MIGHT happen." Hey, if it's too dangerous for criminals, then it's waaay too dangerous for our heroic, angelic policemen. :rolleyes:

geegee
February 11, 2003, 09:46 PM
Having the courage of one's convictions when it may cost you financially-now that's an example of character. Also an example of what Smith and Wesson and Glock could have done, but elected not to.

I know nothing about Ronnie Barret, but the NRA will be looking for a new President pretty soon...
geegee

blades67
February 11, 2003, 09:59 PM
Now that is an example of a stand-up guy. Good on ya Ronnie Barret!

DJJ
February 11, 2003, 10:13 PM
Just sent a note of support, and ordered a hat.

PATH
February 11, 2003, 10:41 PM
Courage and conviction before profit! Wow! What a stand up guy.
What if the manufacturers refuse to sell to municipalities trying to shut them down?

Braz
February 11, 2003, 11:18 PM
Impressive,

Back against the wall, and he holds the line. This man deserves support. If I can't afford a Barret, I'll take a tee-shirt.

Hardtarget
February 11, 2003, 11:45 PM
I would have to sell my truck to get one of his rifles ...then theres ammo at $5.00 plus per round...but I still want one!
The lottery will pay off one of these days, I just know it!:D
Mark.

Zorro
February 12, 2003, 02:56 AM
$1.00 a round. New manufacture PMC brand.

Nightcrawler
February 12, 2003, 05:07 AM
Good on Barrett! Long live the Big Fifty!

LevelHead
February 12, 2003, 11:36 AM
Damn...

Woodchuck
February 12, 2003, 12:59 PM
Sisco

I want to see LAPD's response.

__________________You won't see the LAPD Chief's reply. You know they don't like it when they are caught in a lie. They usually get aggressive and throw their weight around in a threatening manner. Good thing Mr. Barrett is from TN. Otherwise he could be jailed for disturbing the peace and resisting arrest like Rodney King.

BTW I e-mailed Mr. Barrett to thank him for writing the letter to the LAPD Chief. His e-mail address is www.mail@barrettrifles.com

If I ever buy a 50, you can bet it's a Barrett!

meathammer
February 12, 2003, 02:03 PM
Good for him! I would definitely buy a Barrett .50 if funds allowed. Maybe some day...

griz
February 12, 2003, 02:35 PM
Makes me wish I needed a 50 for some reason. If he ever starts making mouse guns I think I'll be a customer.

And I agree that the LAPD will not respond. There is no political advantage for them to do so. Is there a way to get the facts to a second amendment friendly news outlet and force the LAPD's hand?

Baba Louie
February 12, 2003, 03:40 PM
I just emailed Vin Suprynowicz at the Las Vegas Review Journal and asked if the article/letter was worthy of his time and skills. He's a pretty good man to have on our side. If you've ever read any of his writings you know what I mean.

Time will tell. If anything comes out, he's usually found at the LVRJ or at Sierra Times.

Regarding ANY of Barrett's .50's... like Wayne in Wayne's World...
"Oh yes, it will be mine". (I plan on saving now but hear Garth in the background saying "Live in the NOW Man")

Adios

Master Blaster
February 12, 2003, 04:24 PM
I would like to have one someday, the problem is that there is no place to shoot it. The clubs around here do not allow them, noise and range are a problem, high powered rifles yes .50 BMG NOOOOOO.

I would first need to buy a couple hundred acres of my own in some other state. DE is too built up.

Spark
February 12, 2003, 09:14 PM
How many Barretts had the LAPD bought before this?

LoneStranger
February 13, 2003, 01:08 AM
How many Barretts had the LAPD bought before this?

More importantly, How many are they going to be able to buy after this?

Russ
February 13, 2003, 10:25 AM
He should just tell LAPD that the gun is not repairable and give them a refund of their purchase price. I don't think he has to sell them another one. He can refuse service to LAPD.

The LA City Council makes the SF City Council look conservative. When combined, their IQ's don't reach room temp. They had a hand in running B & B Sales out of business. This was a huge gun store that loaned AR-15's to the LAPD to combat the bank robbers a few years ago that came out of the Bank of America blazing away with AK's. The shoot-out has been on TV a million times and I heard and ad last week for a TV move about it. The thanks B & B got was more hassle from the City Council. They have been gone since 2/15 or so of last year.

They are constantly proposing ammo bans in the city. Before I left the PRK a little over a year ago, to buy pistol ammo in LA, you had to sign a book and be thumb printed. This is all extremely ridiculous because anyone who has been to the LA area knows that they can drive 10 minutes to the ext city and buy ammo without the baloney.

If I were Barrett, I'd tell LAPD to shove it.

WilderBill
February 13, 2003, 11:50 AM
It looks like Barrett not only did the right thing, he also will gain sales.
Even if it is just 1,000s of cap & t shirt sales, those could offset the few sales he won't have with LAPD. Also, those caps & t shirts are advertising, which should help sales.

HankL
February 13, 2003, 09:22 PM
This is a very good thread but my main thought right now is why the rifle needed to be sent in for repair. :(

If you enjoyed reading about "Barrett's response to LAPD" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!