I bought a rubberband gun!

PDA

twoblink
February 10, 2003, 09:18 PM
Oh my gosh!! I forgot the joys of these little things! You all know what I'm talking about, wooden handle, little clicky rotary wheel, you put a rubberband on it, and rotate it and load up another one..

This is now banned in NYC right??

It's pathetic that there is a "firearm" I can own in Taiwan that I can't own in the NYC..

Every boy needs one; and every girl too!

If you enjoyed reading about "I bought a rubberband gun!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
10-Ring
February 10, 2003, 09:34 PM
A few year ago, I bought 2 for "my son" ;) at the county fair. He & I would make such a mess in the house! Good times!

Schuey2002
February 10, 2003, 09:40 PM
I'm having too much fun with my real guns to be bothered by "rubberband" guns...

Bang is funner than Twang ..:D :neener: :D

4570Rick
February 10, 2003, 09:41 PM
I had a pair of nice rubber band guns. A friend got sick a few years ago so I gave her my band guns while she was in the hospital for several weeks. The staff were nice and let her shoot up the hospital every day. Helped her recover I think. :D

twoblink
February 10, 2003, 09:58 PM
Schuey2002,

but I shoot these inside the house!! ;-)

Schuey2002
February 10, 2003, 10:34 PM
I shoot my guns in the house too, just ask my neighbors !:D :what:

Just kiddin'.. LOL!

Sisco
February 10, 2003, 10:52 PM
They're great for housefly & annoying cricket stalking.

KarlG
February 11, 2003, 12:07 AM
He has me load it up and as soon as I hand it back to him the cats are runnin'. We made action targets by runing a string across the upper part of a box and paperclipping playing cards to the string.

Good fun.

sm
February 11, 2003, 12:10 AM
Ok --post a link where to get one. I want one.

Besides the next time I crash my hardrive...well might be better to use rubber bands vs the 230 gr JHP I'd given thought to.

AZTOY
February 11, 2003, 12:16 AM
I want this one:neener:

http://www.backyardartillery.com/machinegun/darkbg1b.jpg
http://www.kitestailstoys.com/catalog/toys/rubberbandguns.html

DadOfThree
February 11, 2003, 12:50 AM
Oh... rubberband guns actually use rubber bands as ammunition.
No wonder everybody says mouse guns are not effective for self defense. Who would get hurt having a mouse shot at you? :D :D :D

twoblink
February 11, 2003, 03:24 AM
Those clippy black things that have the two folding arms, stick a playing card in it, and they stand up... And you can "go tactical" and place them around the room for some practice combat shooting..

hehehe... I love the toys.. Also, a lot more silent then the BB guns, and they don't ricochet..

WonderNine
February 11, 2003, 03:29 AM
I had a slingshot once when I was about 8 years old. I would shoot it and half the time things would hit the "goal posts" and come back and hit me in the head.....

I've always preferred throwing things instead...:D

Hey, I still have major league pitching aspirations :D

Ledbetter
February 11, 2003, 03:53 PM
If I knew where mine was, I'd post a pic of my fly gun. It's a spring-loaded fly swatter on a string. You can knock them out of the air with it.

Anyway, don't put anybody's eye out.;)

Greg L
February 11, 2003, 03:57 PM
Rubber band guns, the gateway drug of the gun culture.

Why next you might want a bb gun and after that a .22 and then .... :D

Greg

KMKeller
February 11, 2003, 04:06 PM
Here ya go. Check this site out...

http://www.backyardartillery.com/machinegun/

twoblink
February 11, 2003, 09:02 PM
The gateway drug huh? true true, just ask my gf!

My name is twoblink, and I'm a gun-holic... I started out with the .22LR, and then I got hooked. I needed more and bigger, then there was the .40SW, then 7.62x39, then 308...

My name is twoblink, and I'm a gun-holic..

If you enjoyed reading about "I bought a rubberband gun!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!