Mosin Nagant bolt

PDA

The_Antibubba
May 25, 2004, 06:14 AM
I just disassembled my M/N bolt for the first time. What a gunky mess.

In the (oh so) unlikely event that I have trouble reassembling it :rolleyes: , can anyone recommend a site with good pictures?

If you enjoyed reading about "Mosin Nagant bolt" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
SapperLeader
May 25, 2004, 06:36 AM
http://www.surplusrifle.com/ gave me excellent instructions on reassembling my mosin bolt and sks rifle.

cracked butt
May 25, 2004, 07:01 AM
Hey, ,those things were made to be illiterate-russian-peasant-conscript-proof. That being said, I found the bolt to be challenging to reassemble the first time through.:D

TimRB
May 25, 2004, 10:27 AM
On this page http://world.guns.ru/rifle/rfl03-e.htm there's a link to a PDF file that is a Mosin Nagant rifle manual written by the US Army. It will tell you everything you would ever want to know about how to disassemble and reassemble your rifle.

Tim

The_Antibubba
May 25, 2004, 04:55 PM
TimRB,

Thanks, but I just bought that :( It's not exactly rich in detail-although it is how I managed to DISassemble it.

greyhound
May 26, 2004, 07:35 PM
Let us know how it turns out - I'm contemplating taking mine down too.

(This from a man who couldn't figure out how to reassemble an 870) :)

Sleeping Dog
May 26, 2004, 08:57 PM
Putting the bolt back together is easy too. The only trick is to screw the firing pin all the way into the cocking piece (but not tight), then unscrew it just far enough for the scribed marks on the cocking piece knob to line up with the slot in the firing pin. As long as they're aligned, the rest will almost fall back together.

Regards.

Cosmoline
May 26, 2004, 09:09 PM
Obscure gun trivia--In "Blood Alley" with John Wayne, there's a scene on the ship where you can see two extras trying to put Mosin bolts back together.

If you enjoyed reading about "Mosin Nagant bolt" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!