Ignore List?

PDA

Werewolf
May 25, 2004, 04:21 PM
I have exactly one poster in my ignore list.

I thought the ignore list meant I wouldn't have to see this person's postings ever again.

But I still see them.

What exactly does the ignore list do?

If I don't want to see the posting of a particular user is there a way to make that happen other than just skimming past them in a thread?

If you enjoyed reading about "Ignore List?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
NJ3
May 25, 2004, 05:25 PM
I just put you on my ignore list, and I can no longer read what you wrote. All I see is "This person is on your Ignore List. "

I copied and pasted your name to my ignore list, then clicked update BTW.

Werewolf
May 25, 2004, 05:36 PM
The username must be case sensitive?

Foreign Devil
May 26, 2004, 06:18 PM
No it is not case sensitive. I just tried it with werewolf's name. I get:

This person is on your ignore list. To view this post click [here].

I just asked the same question. I guess it boils down to: "I can't heeeeear you!"
(Where does that phrase come from anyway?)

Werewolf
May 26, 2004, 09:07 PM
OK...
I got it to work. It just takes a bit for it to catch...

fjolnirsson
May 30, 2004, 12:06 AM
I finally put someone on my ignore list. It is a beautiful thing! Thank you, Oleg, for this wonderful feature!

fjolnirsson
June 21, 2004, 01:47 AM
AAAAAAAAAAnd that's two I'm ignoring. AAAHHHHHH! What a wonderful little feature. If only we could do this to people in the meatworld.

NJ3
June 21, 2004, 11:05 PM
If only we could do this to people in the meatworld.

There would be more than a few on my "ignore" list. :D

firearms_instructor
June 24, 2004, 12:15 PM
Is it possible to find out if I am somebody's ignore list?

Mal H
June 24, 2004, 05:54 PM
Pick a thread, any thread. Ask every member to respond to your post. If someone doesn't respond, then you know you are on their ignore list. :D

But seriously, no its not possible.

If you enjoyed reading about "Ignore List?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!