Places to shoot in the Sayre, PA area?

PDA

Soylent Green
May 25, 2004, 08:58 PM
It's a strong possibility that I will be relocating to the Sayre, Pa area. Does anyone know of any ranges or clubs in that area (indoors or outdoors)? I am mostly looking for places to shoot handgun, but occasionally like to break out the AR. Ideally I am looking for places where you can set up multiple targets, draw from the holster, shoot on the move, etc.

If you enjoyed reading about "Places to shoot in the Sayre, PA area?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
tcsd1236
May 25, 2004, 09:27 PM
I have my sis-in-law living in that area and I know a couple of officers there; I will forward your question to them.
I am a couple hours North of Sayre if you ever make your way into the Southern Tier of NYS.

Soylent Green
May 25, 2004, 09:37 PM
Thanks tcsd1236.

Is Ithaca 2 hours from Sayre? It looks to be about an hour trip on the map. I am curious because I would sometimes have to travel there for work.

SirPorl
May 26, 2004, 05:03 AM
There is a range in Sayre. It is the Sayre Sportsman Club. Also a range in Towanda, about 15 minutes from Sayre.

SirPorl

Soylent Green
May 27, 2004, 12:14 AM
Thanks, I will have to check those out if I do end up moving.

PMATULEW
May 27, 2004, 09:54 AM
Come on down! I'm there already. :D

The area is mostly rural, mostly conservative, pro-gun, pro-hunting. Iffin' you move here and don't set yourself up on some empty land out of town, the Sayre Sportsmans Club is the place to go. They've got 120+ dedicated acres set back in the hills. The trap/skeet range and league is the driving force of the club but they also have a 25 yard pistol pit, 100/200 yard rifle range with a valley wall as a backstop, wooded trails set up for shotgun and archery field targets, plus a big fishing pond down back. Bring what you've got, shoot what you brought. No glass targets and pick up after yourself when you go. Not a bad deal for $35 a year.

If you get over this way, give me a holler. I'd be happy to show you around.

Ithaca/Tompkins County? Been there, Done that. Liberal cesspool. I miss the lake though.

popbang
May 27, 2004, 06:03 PM
To add to what others have said. The Sayre Sportsmans Club is about 1 mile from me. It is set up mainly for trap and skeet with a 100 and 200 hundred yard rifle range. There is a local gunstore owner that is pushing to create a couple of decent handgun ranges.

The Towanda Club has outdoor ranges, but they also have a 25 yard indoor range. Nice facility and only ~20 miles from Sayre.

The one nice thing about both groups are they don't charge an arm and a leg for memebership.

tcsd1236
May 30, 2004, 09:31 AM
Thanks tcsd1236.
Yes, its all of a 2 hour drive. By way of comparison, Syracuse is an hour E of Ithaca.

If you enjoyed reading about "Places to shoot in the Sayre, PA area?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!