Do you carry a handgun?

PDA

natedog
May 26, 2004, 12:43 AM
Of those that are legally eligible, do you carry a handgun?

Don't vote if you aren't legally eligible.

If you enjoyed reading about "Do you carry a handgun?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
BigBlueEyedDevil
May 26, 2004, 12:47 AM
I carry with me at all times when i'm in my apartment. But those good folks up in Sacramento won't let me carry once I step outside my door.

M2 Carbine
May 26, 2004, 12:51 AM
Don't leave home without it:)

MICHAEL T
May 26, 2004, 01:43 AM
Put my pistol on when I get up and take off when I retire for the night. If you need it you need it. May not have time for to unlock or remove from safe.

Chupacabra
May 26, 2004, 01:45 AM
Everywhere, except for work.

P95Carry
May 26, 2004, 02:03 AM
It is on my person every waking hour .. when in bed it is on the floor within easy reach. Only exceptions will be (rare - very rare) when I might have to go onto school property and going into a courthouse.

Funny thing is tho - I work from home so ..... arguably, most of each day is moderately risk-free but .. hey ..... you can't make appointments for emergencies! It's like a wrist watch .. always there. I'd hate to reach for the piece when needed and find it ain't there ...... so ...... keep it there then it is always available ..... plus it is at its most secure too.

Black Majik
May 26, 2004, 02:05 AM
<~~~~~~ How bout' I want to but I cant? :(

Wildalaska
May 26, 2004, 02:41 AM
Yep

WildanditsahabitandanannoyanceAlaska

MikeJ
May 26, 2004, 07:52 AM
I like to always have some level of handgun protection with me, even if its just my Guardian .32.

Ol' Badger
May 26, 2004, 08:11 AM
Its in my poke bag. I keep it with me all the time. Even on the weekends its nearby in the truck or something.

Zach S
May 26, 2004, 08:18 AM
Could a mod add a choice for "right denied" or something so those folks wouldnt have to hit "veiw results?"

Red_SC
May 26, 2004, 09:14 AM
No, I don't. But I will as soon as they send me my CWP.:cool:

Kingknives
May 26, 2004, 09:50 AM
Yes, but only because they won't let me carry a rifle.

It's too ostentatious. :D

Joe

Sylvilagus Aquaticus
May 26, 2004, 09:54 AM
All the time, except when I'm inside my office building. For some reason the .gov doesn't want anyone aside from uniformed security to be armed in there.

Some days I'd rather carry my FAL, though.

Regards,
Rabbit.

mwithers72
May 26, 2004, 09:55 AM
yes, I like to have something in arms reach at all times

Heraclitus
May 26, 2004, 10:46 AM
Can and do, within the law.

Dave R
May 26, 2004, 11:14 AM
You bet.

And the P-3AT makes it less of an annoyance.

Viking6
May 26, 2004, 11:15 AM
Yes

Series 70
May 26, 2004, 11:35 AM
Sometimes I carry a handgun. Sometimes I carry handguns.

SLCDave
May 26, 2004, 11:51 AM
Everywhere but work.

Standing Wolf
May 26, 2004, 03:37 PM
I'm about to move the sprinkler in the back yard. I'll be carrying a .357 magnum in a pocket. Good habits pay for themselves many times over.

SAG0282
May 26, 2004, 04:10 PM
I carry 24/7 when not in a controlled area......current carry setup is a SIG SP 2009 loaded w/ 11 124 grain +P Golden Saber JHPs and a spare loaded w/ Hydrashoks in a strongside IWB.

dairycreek
May 26, 2004, 04:31 PM
is like asking Irishmen if they drink Guiness! No doubt about the results. Good shooting;)

R.H. Lee
May 26, 2004, 04:35 PM
Not all the time. I live in California and don't have a "special need", so no CCW for me. I do carry a folding knife all the time, though.

Dex Sinister
May 26, 2004, 04:47 PM
Yup.

Valkman
May 26, 2004, 05:42 PM
Are the 4 people who answered "No" really saying that they are able to carry legally and they don't? I have a feeling that they cannot carry legally, but if they can and don't I like to hear more about why they don't.

RRTX
May 26, 2004, 05:45 PM
As soon as my CHL gets here I will be carrying :D

R.H. Lee
May 26, 2004, 05:52 PM
I'm about to move the sprinkler in the back yard. I'll be carrying a .357 magnum in a pocket

Gopher control? Check this out (www.rodenator.com)

P95Carry
May 26, 2004, 06:05 PM
I wonder too Don, about the ''No's'' .. but had assumed they were - ''want to, but can't yet'' sorta deal.

Hope the knee is comin on well .. and be OK for the trip ... that'll be only a week or so away now i guess.

Best

Hkmp5sd
May 26, 2004, 06:46 PM
Yep. Everywhere it is legal to do so. And frequently more than one.

Herself
May 26, 2004, 07:07 PM
I carry except at work; they have a "no weapons" policy, usually interpeted to mean we've got to secure our sidearms in our cars. (No one has tried to test that one by asking -- why push it?). I'd guess a dozen of us carry.

However, the company does offer security services: the guard on duty will walk you to and from your car. As it's a smallish (250 +/-)staff with staggered working hours, and well-lit, fenced lots, that works out okay. (Downside, one of the parking lots is two blocks away from the building and has no human-presence security, only the fence. I won't park there). Plus I usually have a tool bag filled with interestingly dangerous things ready to hand.

As a practical matter, carrying inside the building would present problems: it's a small place, mazelike and densely "populated." Frangible rounds would be my choice and even then, I'd run rather than shoot if running was an option. I value my life -- and I value not having to spend months of it explaining how it was I shot a bad guy and half of the Art Department. Let the company's guard shoot 'em instead, he's insured for it.

--Herself

"Hand me that 1911, I've found the problem...." H'mm, not a usual maintenance procedure for electronics. But in some cases?

m.i.sanders
May 26, 2004, 07:17 PM
I carry at least the P-32 everywhere that's legal for me to do so. Most times outside of work I usually have a 1911 as a backup ;)

cool45auto
May 26, 2004, 07:47 PM
Uh huh. Everywhere.

Stebalo
May 26, 2004, 08:03 PM
C) No, the state in I am a subject of does not deign to allow me to defend myself.

LASur5r
May 26, 2004, 08:14 PM
Our California laws prohibit us Californians (in certain areas) from carrying a gun and I am a law abiding citizen.:neener: :neener: :neener:

When our lawmakers can guarantee that no one else, including the bad guys, carries in this here United States...right?:evil:

Piney
May 26, 2004, 08:16 PM
#1 unless you’re a cop your chances of obtaining a ccp is just about nil in NJ. On the other hand I’ve gone through life for over 60 years and never felt the need to carry a gun in everyday life. I’m not afraid of my own shadow and can take care of myself even at my advanced age. If someone enters my home then they have some real problems with some real firepower.

gggman
May 26, 2004, 09:09 PM
I carry all day every day. At work, at home, in the car, everywhere. When I'm asleep in my bed, I have a .45 within easy reach. I've had a carry permit since 1983, so I'm quite used to carrying a gun.

The Real Hawkeye
May 26, 2004, 09:33 PM
Yes, the Second Amendment says it's legal for me to carry in the United States. In addition to that, I have concealed carry licenses in two states, and am authorized in quite a few more.

Zeke Menuar
May 26, 2004, 09:52 PM
Everywhere 'cept work.

ZM

squire
May 26, 2004, 10:10 PM
yup. every day.

snug
May 26, 2004, 10:23 PM
All the time, everywhere legal to carry or access. Even at work! Owners
are'nt gun folk but realize the need and cleared a few of us to do so!

Treylis
May 26, 2004, 10:46 PM
Whenever I leave the house, it's either on me or in my car. (Stupid AZ restaurant law, I really hope the legislature changes it so we can carry in places that serve alcohol...)

Hypnogator
May 27, 2004, 12:37 AM
My P-32 is always in my right rear pocket in a wallet holster. My PT-145 is often on my hip under a jacket, or tucked inside my left waistband.

As for places that don't permit concealed weapons -- well, the key word is "concealed" isn't it? :evil:

ExtremeDooty
May 27, 2004, 01:52 AM
Yes, including at work.

sm
May 27, 2004, 02:12 AM
Yes

Exceptions are on campus, and those pesty places like Federal Bldgs with metal detectors...BEEP! :D
<empty pockets>
"Why the flashlight on the keyring" - I'm afraid of the dark.
"Why two knives" - In case I lose one.
"Why this BIG one that clips ". I don't want to wear out my pocket.
"The little SAK with scissors is all you need"- You ever try to halve a Subway sandwich , and cut an apple with a litte knife?

[gruff, huff, puff] "Okay you can enter now...behave we have eyes all over"

< thinking to self, thanks BIG Brother...I was behaving myself, that is why am here in first place, grumble ,grumble, cuss>.

V-fib
May 27, 2004, 02:52 AM
yes, everywhere except work which has a no firearms policy. There I carry pepperspray and 2 knives. :cool:

SapperLeader
May 27, 2004, 06:06 AM
Every waking hour , every day except when I have to enter prohibited areas. Unfortunatly due to a younger sister being in high school, that happens more than I like. But other than that, every where, and every time, I usually have a full size gun and a smaller backup.

DragonFire
May 27, 2004, 10:59 AM
Most of the time. I don't when visiting relatives and some friends. Sort of a courtesy since they are a bit uneasy about it.

Funny, but one time we had a bit of trouble and the same relatives who are uneasy about me carrying, were the first ones to ask if I was.

mainmech48
May 27, 2004, 11:35 AM
Yes, with the rare exception of when I'm compelled to enter a place where it is prohibited by law. I try to keep those to the absolute minimum, but I do have to buy stamps occasionally.

The Real Hawkeye
May 27, 2004, 11:41 AM
Most of the time. I don't when visiting relatives and some friends. Sort of a courtesy since they are a bit uneasy about it.Those kinds of friends shouldn't even know you own a handgun, let alone that you carry it. Why tell them?

Hemicuda
May 27, 2004, 11:52 AM
Just about the ONLY time I don't carry a handgun is when I am nekkid... and even then, it is within arms reach...

If you enjoyed reading about "Do you carry a handgun?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!