membership fees deductable?

PDA

Stebalo
May 26, 2004, 01:25 AM
What is the tax status of the various second amendment civil rights organizations? Are memberships fees to any of them deductable? I was thinking of maybe becoming a life member to something this year whether it be NRA, GOA, or JPFO. If any are deductable, that might help me decide. If not, I might start on the $25/quarter plan for the NRA.

If you enjoyed reading about "membership fees deductable?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Lone_Gunman
May 26, 2004, 08:19 AM
Membership fees and political donations to NRA and other politically active lobby groups are not tax deductible.

Donations the the NRA Foundation are tax deductible, but the NRA can't use those funds for political purposes. It is mostly involved in education, I believe.

Henry Bowman
May 26, 2004, 09:11 AM
SAF states that their membership fees (which are voluntary) and donations are tax deductable.

Ant Mod
May 27, 2004, 12:28 AM
SAF states that their membership fees (which are voluntary) and donations are tax deductable.

I highly doubt that. Any donation to an organization that is involved with politics is not tax deductable.

mondocomputerman
May 27, 2004, 08:27 AM
So donations to the MMM is not tax deductable? ...Just kidding.

Lone_Gunman
May 27, 2004, 08:31 AM
No I dont think MMM donations would be tax deductible either.

If you enjoyed reading about "membership fees deductable?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!