I passed a million mom march bus today

PDA

RLadd21
May 26, 2004, 03:50 AM
I was driving to work Tuesday afternoon when I saw a pink bus on Church St. It had the million mom march sign and essese(or however you spell it). I felt like stopping by to ask the driver if he wanted to check out my Springfield Xd on my belt and the keltec in my pocket, maybe invite them to the range(joking). However, I just drove past since they are idiots anyway and I was running late. I didn't think they were supposed to be near Nashville though. By the way, it was a cheap looking bus. Seems like they must be hurting for money lately if that's what they are using.

If you enjoyed reading about "I passed a million mom march bus today" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
gunsmith
May 26, 2004, 04:49 AM
I asked her "please define assault weapon" and she got angry at me.:rolleyes:

Treylis
May 26, 2004, 06:48 AM
I asked her "please define assault weapon" and she got angry at me.

Same thing happened to me, too. Then she stormed off.

In fact, I've heard of many instances of "if you're going to talk about facts, I'm going to leave!" occuring.

boofus
May 26, 2004, 07:30 AM
Can you stop by and pick up a MMM fanny pack if they have them? I'll pay you $20 for it. I need a nice little storage case for my new M10/9 machinegun. :D

mummac
May 26, 2004, 07:38 AM
I saw one on TV the other day. She said "If the assult weapons ban sunsets in September, while we're stocking-up on school supplies, some criminal down the street will be stocking-up on AK-47s."

Carlos Cabeza
May 26, 2004, 09:58 AM
Did you moon them ???!!!!:D :evil:

Harry Tuttle
May 26, 2004, 11:28 AM
Essence magazine is the sponsor

El Tejon
May 26, 2004, 12:23 PM
Essence magazine supporting gun control!!!:what:

Anyone else boggled by the irony of that?:D

M2 Carbine
May 26, 2004, 01:08 PM
I ask them why they aren't protesting the 600+ mothers that murder their children a year.

Or if their former big mouth member, that SHOT and killed an innocent boy after the first march, is with them today.

grnzbra
May 26, 2004, 03:01 PM
Or if their former big mouth member, that SHOT and killed an innocent boy after the first march, is with them today.

Who was that? When did it happen?

boofus
May 26, 2004, 03:05 PM
Barbara Graham (aka Barbara Lipscomb) shot and killed some kid that she thought was guilty of killing her child. Too bad she was wrong and killed an innocent person. The .2% of a million hypocrite moms is right, they should stay away from guns. But they shouldn't judge the rest of us by their own weakness or their homicidal tendencies. That's called projection in psychology.

Standing Wolf
May 26, 2004, 03:25 PM
I asked her "please define assault weapon" and she got angry at me.

Attempting to reason with anti-Second Amendment bigots makes trying to herd squirrels look positively sensible.

capt_happypants
May 26, 2004, 03:38 PM
It's big, long, and pink.

The question begs to be asked, if the idle is rough, would it be considered a...

Oh, never mind.

:neener:

grnzbra
May 26, 2004, 04:04 PM
Even if it isn't idling rough.

capt_happypants
May 26, 2004, 06:00 PM
Remind me to not follow the MMM bus as it enters the Eisenhower Tunnel.

(rim shot)

MaceWindu
May 26, 2004, 06:08 PM
El Tejon:

""Essence magazine supporting gun control!!!

Anyone else boggled by the irony of that?""

Please explain further :confused: ?

MaceWindu

Frohickey
May 26, 2004, 06:49 PM
Barbara Graham (aka Barbara Lipscomb) shot and killed some kid that she thought was guilty of killing her child. Too bad she was wrong and killed an innocent person. The .2% of a million hypocrite moms is right, they should stay away from guns. But they shouldn't judge the rest of us by their own weakness or their homicidal tendencies. That's called projection in psychology.

Not killed... paralyzed (http://www.tincher.to/mmm.htm).

boofus
May 26, 2004, 06:53 PM
Ah, thought he bought the farm. Thanks for the correction.

That lunatic that shot up Case Western Reserve Univ. was an advocate of gun control too. His name was Biswanath Halder if anyone wants to look it up.

Gee, these left wingers sure preach alot about peace, love and non-violence, except when they are out assaulting and murdering innocent people. :fire:

Moparmike
May 26, 2004, 07:06 PM
Just goes to show that you should always have a supply of eggs and an escape route at all times.:D

Stickjockey
May 26, 2004, 07:09 PM
MaceWindu-

The history of gun control in America begins with the "Jim Crow" laws. It was started as a means of keeping Black people unarmed and therefore vulnerable to attack if they "got out of line." Can't give any specifics as I am just beginning to learn about this myself, but that's the general overview.

Essence Magazine is, IIRC, marketed toward the African American demographic.

Edited for spelling and because I can't seem to keep my finger off the Shift key...

cool45auto
May 26, 2004, 07:50 PM
Were you in your pickup with gun rack in the rear window?:neener:

MaceWindu
May 26, 2004, 07:51 PM
""The history of gun control in AMerica begins with the "Jim Crow" laws. It was started as a means of keeping Black people unarmed and therefore vulnerale to attack if they "got out of line." Can't give any specifics as I am just beginning to learn about this myself, but that's the general overview.

Essence Magazine is, IIRC, marketed toward the African American demographic.""

That is absolutely correct. The Editors of essence fail to see that this is not a Gun Control issue, but a personal responsibility issue. Many in that demographic want to blame society for their personal choices .

Mace Windu

westex
May 26, 2004, 08:03 PM
RLadd21
The least you could have done was to signal them that you thought they were #1 as you went by.:D

RLadd21
May 27, 2004, 02:52 PM
Looking back, I should have at least turned and got in front of them so they could see the NRA sticker on the back window.

PromptCritical
May 28, 2004, 01:19 AM
"I passed a million mom march bus today"

I'll bet that was painfull. You might want to see your doctor.:D

Well, someone had to say it...

Wildalaska
May 28, 2004, 01:29 AM
so did I...did yours also have Waste Trasfer Inc painted on the side?

WildminedidAlaska

Lupine
May 28, 2004, 09:29 PM
And I sent them a message on their online form. "Oh, please remind me when you're coming to my town with the 'Stop the Assault Tour'. I want to be there to voice my position as a female who has been the victim of violent assault, and who wishes to help curtail violence!"

It's true, really. I WILL be there to share my position as a woman who will hopefully never again be the victim of violent assault... thanks to my CCW permit, my darling 9mm semiautomatic handgun, and my resulting renewed awareness in common-sense instilled in me by all my training and education.

And I'll be wearing pink, too. And bringing friends.

crewchief
May 29, 2004, 04:24 AM
Is it just me or do you see a mirror image of two radical organizations. These extreme anti's you see kill people with firearms or carry firearms for their protection, and then you have PETA who have euthanized more cats then any other organization on the planet, not to mention they love to blow up research labs with the animals still inside so that they can stop their "pain". I tell you these people make me sick on how much of a hypocrite they are. I have never seen a two faced RKBA supporter who does not whole heartedly stand for what they believe without utter honesty. Can the government please just deem these organizations especially PETA terrorist groups and shut them down. I mean if you look at it PETA is just as violent and radical as most terrorist organizations that we are chasing through the desert. I had a torturous weekend two weeks ago when I had to spend the day with my sister-in-laws best friend who is a vegan and a avid PETA supporter. We got in a big argument about PETA because I was informing her the true things that PETA has done and quoted awful things that they have said. Like one PETA person said, "If they could find a cure for AIDS tomorrow and all it cost was the life of one rat I would still turn down the cure for the life of the rat." Then get this, this "friend" of the family has the nerve to sit in front of me and tell me, "That it is my life dream to blow up a animal research lab with all of the scientist still in it." Boy I tell you what I was struggling that night and seriously contemplating hitting a woman (I never would so don't get offended). Even my Wife was thrown by this comment when I told her about it and she was contemplating doing something about it "Family friend" or not. I hope she comes over to my house when I move up there because she is going to walk into a room full of deer and elk mounts, hides and as much dead stuff I can possibly have on display just for her.:D Moderators and High Roders I am sorry if this post is a little sidetracked, but I wanted to give an example of the extreme mindset of these type of people whether they be MMM's or PETA. Either way they both make me sick.:barf:

jAK-47
May 30, 2004, 12:13 AM
Next time yell out the window, "Hey, some kid just died from an overdose! OR Some kid was just killed while breaking and entering". Watch them all grab their cell phones and call home to see where junior is.

What will take them away from their families next week? "Save the Salamander"?

jAK-47:fire: :cuss:

http://www.gunsnet.net/album/data//500/15916parentsAK.gif

t driver
May 30, 2004, 12:29 AM
I love that cartoon. :D

countertop
May 30, 2004, 01:40 AM
I interviewed one for a job once at a law firm I was working at. Somehow, when she came in I only saw the front page of her resume and conducted a 20 minute interview based on that. As I was getting up to show her to the next interviewer she grabbed the second page of her resume from my desk. I was startled, asked what is was and looked it over. Sure enough, right at the top, was a position as volunteer organizer for the Million Mom March - My quicjk response - YOU WORKED FOR THE COMMIE MOMMIES!?!?!?!?

I ordered her to sit down and tried to have a long conversation with her about the second amendment - her first response - the second amendment says well regulated - that means we can regulate them - This coming from a UVA law graduate. ugh!!!!!!!!!!!

She then went on to finally admit she had no basis for her belief other than an irrational (well, she didn't call it irrational) fear of guns.

I got a letter from her two days later telling me how shocked she was that the interview deviated in that direction and how she hoped her answers didn't effect her chance of employment. Well - that decision was beyond me, but she didn't get hired.

INSCOM
May 30, 2004, 02:03 AM
You let them fight their war, and you fight yours. Seems pointless to debate something with someone or deride them when they have the same amount of rights - however wrong you perceive them to be - to voice their opinions as you do. Conversations like this leave a bad taste in my mouth because logical people descend into name-calling. I'm also curious as to what one member meant when he found irony in essence magazine supporting gun control. If there was some racist comment embedded in there, it was out of place and not warranted in what is generally a civil and intelligent discussion forum.

Flame away...

countertop
May 30, 2004, 02:22 AM
Well, we certainly didn't descend into name calling. I saw the line on her resume and it piqued my interst - don't put it there if you don't want to talk about it. I have two resumes I keep - a general, non political one and a political one. Depending on the job or the audience I send one or the other, almost always with some modifications.

The fact that she couldn't support her arguments and kept digging a deeper and deeper hole for herself while shovign her foot further in her mouth was fairly insightful to me. I'd never let myself get caught in that kind of situation on an interview.

jAK-47
May 30, 2004, 08:22 AM
I have nothing against Million Mom Marchers expressing their opinions. In fact, if I were married to one, I'd help them get ready to march so they wouldn't be late! (see toon below).
http://www.gunsnet.net/album/data//500/15916HairdryerJOKE.jpg

jAK-47:p

If you enjoyed reading about "I passed a million mom march bus today" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!