HEAVY trigger on my Marlin 336A

PDA

Diggler
May 28, 2004, 10:41 AM
My lever action Marlin has a HORRENDUS trigger pull. Well over 7 lbs, I believe.

Is there any way to improve this myself, without a gunsmith? I'm used to adjusting screws on my bolt actions, never messed with a lever action before.

I also found the Wild West Trigger Happy Kits, which claim to be a trigger job in a package.

How should I go about making this a good gun to shoot?

If you enjoyed reading about "HEAVY trigger on my Marlin 336A" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
larryw
May 28, 2004, 11:27 AM
The Trigger Happy kit is a true drop in and is outstanding: best thing that ever happened to the Marlin lever gun. Highly recommended.

There are web pages that go over detail stripping these guns, sorry I lost the links, but if you do a search here you will come up with what you need to tear it down and get it back together (basically the same as a 1894). Or contact Wild West Guns directly for help, these are outstanding folks to work with (you could also post your questions here, one guy from WWG tends to be a vocal member of the THR community ;) ).

If you enjoyed reading about "HEAVY trigger on my Marlin 336A" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!