USMC's 36 yard zeroing method

PDA

Silent Bob
May 28, 2004, 01:16 PM
I understand that the Marines are now zeroing their M16s at 36 yards rather than 25 meters. While apparently this is not as ideal a zero as the Santose IBZ, it seems (trajectory-wise) to be pretty close to the IBZ (well, at least, much more than the old 25 meter method) and it does not require modifying the rear sight to bottom out at minus 2 clicks (fixed carrying handle) or 4 clicks (detachable carrying handles). I am curious though, when zeroing at 36 yards, are the Marines turning their elevation knobs up one click while establishing the zero? Basically I am asking out of curiousity since I already employing the Santose IBZ method. Thanks in advance.

If you enjoyed reading about "USMC's 36 yard zeroing method" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
If you enjoyed reading about "USMC's 36 yard zeroing method" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!