KRD 1911 Mags

PDA

Dave Markowitz
May 30, 2004, 09:46 AM
I see that CDNN has 9/10 round 1911 mags for cheap. The KRD 17 rounders work great in my BHP, so I was wondering if anyone's tried their 1911 mags, and if so, how'd they work?

If you enjoyed reading about "KRD 1911 Mags" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
railroader
May 30, 2004, 10:02 AM
It's been years ago but I bought 5 of them from cdnn and I sent them back. In my kimber they wouldn't drop free or lock the slide back properly after the last round. I also had a hipower at the time and 17 round KRD mags for it. Those mags worked great in the hipower. Mark

wally
May 30, 2004, 10:21 AM
I tried one. Junk. The metal is very soft, it didn't feed reliably or lock the slide back.

Save your money and get the Chip McCormick 10-rounders CDNN has for
$15. I tried one of each figuring I'd order a pair of which ever I liked best (I like cheaper best if it works). The CMC worked in both of the 1911s I tried.

I also had no problems with CDNN's KRD 17-rnd HiPower mags so I thought these worth a try, but IMHO, forget about these.

--wally.

Dave Markowitz
June 2, 2004, 07:04 PM
Ok, thanks for the feedback.

I already have several Chip McCormick mags, including a couple 10 round Power Mags, but figured that with the KRDs being so cheap it seemed almost silly to not pick a few up, if they were any good.

In light of your replies, I'll stick with the CMCs. Now, to test them in my Springer and my Marlin Camp .45. :)

BHPshooter
June 2, 2004, 07:29 PM
The gun world is an odd place. Mec-Gar and KRD make top-notch BHP mags, but (from what I hear) they make mediocre 1911 mags.

Wes

wally
June 2, 2004, 11:16 PM
I'm very happy with the half dozen Mec-Gar 8-rnd 1911 mags I have, No problems in any of my guns with them. They are not my favorite because I prefer a flush fit bottom, but they've worked very well for me so far.

--wally.

If you enjoyed reading about "KRD 1911 Mags" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!