Honors due

PDA

Smokey Joe
May 30, 2004, 04:16 PM
On this, the day before Memorial Day, I'd like to make a salute and express heartfelt thanks and appreciation, for all those who have laid down their lives defending the freedoms we enjoy today.

They've done this from farmers at Lexington and Concord with their squirrel rifles, standing toe to toe with the mightiest army on the face of the earth, right up to the present where we are still losing fathers, mothers, children, to the extremists in Afghanistan and Iraq. The armament is different, the situation is different, but it is the same sacrifice.

I hope to God they'll always do it. I wish to God it weren't necessary. I thank God they have always been willing to take the risk.

If you enjoyed reading about "Honors due" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
trubluedog
May 30, 2004, 04:24 PM
AMEN. Nothing more to say.

RVSinOK
May 30, 2004, 05:24 PM
I agree, truebluedog -

AMEN!

jamz
May 30, 2004, 05:26 PM
Amen, and to all who have served, and are serving now, thanks.

-James

Dan Morris
May 30, 2004, 05:41 PM
I went out to Ft Logan this morning and walked by a few names I knew in another life. Wanted to be alone with thoughts. I'd rather remember in quiet than ceremony. God bless and keep those standing between the world and danger.
Vaya Con Dios mio Campadres
Dan

Jim March
May 30, 2004, 05:42 PM
I'll be part of the memorial day parade tomorrow in Sacramento...my bike is actually gonna get a bath and we're covering the worst of the prior crash damage with yellow ribbons :). It's also getting a yellow light...I'll be on traffic control, apparantly.

litman252
May 30, 2004, 06:42 PM
^^^^^^^^^^
What they all said, Thank you.
Tony

Bob F.
May 30, 2004, 11:53 PM
Yeah, thanks.
Bob

P95Carry
May 31, 2004, 12:15 AM
Indeed ....

''LEST WE FORGET''.

Taps ...........

http://www.bedford.net/design/images/smilies/salute

cslinger
May 31, 2004, 12:37 AM
Kinda makes lazy folk like myself feel very humble and very very unworthy.

Thanks to all who have gone before and are are currently in harms way for fighting for my LAZY way of life.

Chris

CrudeGT
May 31, 2004, 12:39 AM
Ditto what cslinger said.

Thanx to all those who gave, and are giving their lives for what we have, and take for granted everyday.

Moparmike
May 31, 2004, 02:49 AM
Amen.

4570Rick
May 31, 2004, 03:43 AM
Those who have gone before my service, those who have gone since, and those who have yet to give the ultimate...God Bless you and your families.

stellarpod
May 31, 2004, 08:42 AM
A heartfelt thank you to all who have gone before and to those who are putting their life on the line for all of us today. God bless you every one.

I am humbled.

stellarpod

Shovelhead
May 31, 2004, 09:55 AM
All Gave Some, Some Gave All

http://www.thehighroad.org/attachment.php?s=&postid=1033355

If you enjoyed reading about "Honors due" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!