Brass Disposal

PDA

Langenator
May 30, 2004, 05:57 PM
This may sound like a silly question, but...

When you're shooting at a range that doesn't have a specified place to dispose of brass, what do you do with your non-reloadable brass, or any reloadable brass that you don't plan on reloading?

I ask because I clean up after mysyelf like a good Boy Scout, and I'm accumulating a bunch of 7.62x39 steel casings and 7.5 Swiss GP11 casings. I figure I'll probably just put the steel stuff in the recycling with the cans, but what should I do with the Swiss? It seems a shame to just throw good metal away.

If you enjoyed reading about "Brass Disposal" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
DMK
May 30, 2004, 06:11 PM
Um, sell it in the trader? :confused:

Kalos
May 30, 2004, 06:15 PM
I seem to recall that brass is relatively valuable stuff. Surely there must be some salvage place that would take it, in sufficient quantities?

Standing Wolf
May 30, 2004, 07:37 PM
Reload it.

Amish_Bill
May 30, 2004, 08:07 PM
There's a fool to buy most anything on ebay....
(even if they are conformist swine)

ScottsGT
May 30, 2004, 09:37 PM
Brings good money at recycling yards. Got a friend that runs one, sopposedly is the purest brass one can find, pays the highest. Not sure how much though. But save that non reloadable brass! Stick a 5 gallon bucket in the corner and see how long it takes to fill it up.

PATH
May 30, 2004, 10:39 PM
Amen. An excellent idea!

Bob F.
May 31, 2004, 10:18 AM
Been told primers are brass, too. Keep a coffee can under my press. Some "recyclers" won't take "ammo".

Stay safe.
Bob

JamisJockey
May 31, 2004, 11:05 AM
Reload it.
Um, read the question more closely.

your non-reloadable brass

I chuck mine in the recycle can at home.

If you enjoyed reading about "Brass Disposal" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!