problems with Ruger P89 not chambering

PDA

CrudeGT
May 30, 2004, 11:32 PM
I have a Ruger P89 that I have had for the last year and a half. never had a problem with it. It came with 2 pre-ban mags, and has been my carry piece for quite some time.

Recently, I went to the range and had an interesting problem occur on a regular basis. one to two time per mag the slide would pull back, and eject the brass, but the next round would not chamber. Has anyone had this problem before? I beleive it to be the springs in the mags which would not surprise me, I know they are older mags and I have put over a thousand rounds through them myself.

Before I get new springs for these mags, does anyone have any other suggestions as to what might be causing this?

Thanx.

If you enjoyed reading about "problems with Ruger P89 not chambering" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
If you enjoyed reading about "problems with Ruger P89 not chambering" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!