Savage 110 problem

PDA

jebber
February 11, 2003, 03:39 PM
I have a pre-1966 action .243, has been rebarreled & shoots very nice..

The problem is that it will randomly not allow the bolt to close or to close very hard. It will do it with handloads or factory ammo and you can retry the same cartridge later & it will then close fine.

Savage 110 pics (http://www.armscenter.com/gns/savage110/Savage110.htm)

Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated,

John

If you enjoyed reading about "Savage 110 problem" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Badger Arms
February 11, 2003, 06:44 PM
My first thought is that your ejector is binding, galling, has a burr, is dirty, etc. My second guess for troubleshooting would be the extractor. If the extractor is binding, it might also cause this problem. Bent parts, frayed springs, burrs, foreign matter, corrosion, oversized or undersized parts, etc. I'd check these two parts and, if necessary, just replace both and their corresponding springs to ensure proper function. If this doesn't solve your problem, hmmmm, I don't know. :scrutiny:

jebber
February 11, 2003, 07:54 PM
Thanx B A

I'll give that a try & see what happens.

Thanx again

jeb

If you enjoyed reading about "Savage 110 problem" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!