Virginia Arms (Manassas, VA) Robbery

PDA

Roadrunner
May 31, 2004, 11:17 PM
Just saw the 11 pm news (NBC) and they showed some video of what looked like a white pick-up truck rammed backwards through the front window and the driver getting out to steal some handguns. Hopefully they'll catch this guy.

Can't find a news link yet.

If you enjoyed reading about "Virginia Arms (Manassas, VA) Robbery" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
XLMiguel
June 1, 2004, 09:14 AM
I saw that, too. My condolences to Bernine & company, it's a geat shop and they great folks to deal with. The news said the thief was selective, only took three handguns that he took the time to pick out of the case.

I hope they catch the creep soon, may 10,000 cicadas fly up his nose:fire:

MJRW
June 1, 2004, 10:30 AM
=(

That is terribly upsetting. For those that don't know VA Arms, they are really good people. Extremely helpful, honest, ethical. Really a shame that it happened at all, more of shame that it happened to them.

sturmruger
June 1, 2004, 11:30 AM
I am sure the truck was stolen so I doubt that will help them track this guy down. Hopefully he left a bunch of prints in the truck.

dev_null
June 1, 2004, 01:38 PM
***?

I was just there on Saturday. Here's hoping Bernie and the guys aren't out of pocket and the perp -- and the goods -- are found soon! :fire:

- 0 -

Tupperware
June 1, 2004, 04:18 PM
From the looks of things on the video Bernie may have lost ALL of his display cases. Looked like the truck hit the first one and drove it right down the line like dominos.
Insured or not, this will cost Virginia Arms some money. I'm going to visit tomorrow and find something to buy. Every little bit helps.

SapperLeader
June 1, 2004, 06:05 PM
This really sucks, VA Arms has been a great shop to visit, and Bernie and his whole staff is awesome. I have a order for nights sights that I was supposed to pick up today. I might have to add something to my order to help them out. I really hope they catch the individuals that did this.

DragonRider
June 1, 2004, 08:58 PM
Glad I got my G22, gotta wait to get something else to help them out.

John

SapperLeader
June 2, 2004, 03:28 PM
Looks like VA Arms will be closed today too :(. I sure hope they can re-open for business soon.

Virtus
June 2, 2004, 03:57 PM
Yep, they're cloased again today. They're hoping to be open again tomorrow (Thursday). In the meantime, it looks like channels 7 and 9 will be running stories about the situation tonight. Maybe there's some good news!

XLMiguel
June 2, 2004, 06:39 PM
Just saw that they found the truck used in the robery. It was stolen (surprise!) and found torched in DC in an area known for dumping stolen vehicles. It has been towed to ATF for further research and examination.

Tne news showed the whole front of the store wide open and covered with police tape. Judging from the amount of damage, I don't think they'll be open for a few more days:( :(

edited to correct fumble-fingered typing

If you enjoyed reading about "Virginia Arms (Manassas, VA) Robbery" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!