A Cry For Help

PDA

wanderinwalker
February 11, 2003, 02:56 PM
Yes, this is a cry in the darkness for guidance and help. You'll note that my user name is wanderinwalker. There is quite a tale behind it. The tale involves a girl, a backpacking trip, and a confession of the truth. But I'm not telling unless you really want to hear it.

But it is relevant again. Another girl, but this one can't take the credit for the problem. She would like to think she was that important! But I am trapped in a hole of depression without any visible way out. I know it will pass, as it has before. Yet I know that I cannot do it without sharing the pain.

That is what I am trying to do here. I don't know where to start or how to tell it. I've been delayed from shipping to the Navy twice now, both medical. So my family is a little upset with me. They act like I don't want to go. What they can't understand is how badly I want to go.

Well, that's as far as I can write for now. There is sooooo much more it's not funny. I need to share, but I don't want to suck up space.

wanderinwalker out

If you enjoyed reading about "A Cry For Help" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Pendragon
February 11, 2003, 03:08 PM
I sympathize buddy, but the mods will be here in a minute to close this thread.

You should really talk to a professional - a therapist or a priest or rabbi or something.

Sometimes we are down because life kicks us where it hurts, but sometimes, people feel depressed for medical reasons. If this could be you, make sure you get checked out.

No shame in it and you should be able to do it low profile anyway - but don't ignore it. Depression is not good for you and can make life feel not worth living.

Good luck buddy.

Ebbtide
February 11, 2003, 03:15 PM
Yea, the mods will be here soon.

You have the right idea about getting it all off your chest with people who have nothing invested in the outcome.

Go and speak with a couselor. If your insurance won't cover it, it is not all that expensive. They do help.

If its of any comfort, whatever it is, you are not alone and as you said, it will pass with time.

Peace.

ehenz

Oh, and GO NAVY!

PS: I'm a socail worker by trade, PM me if you feel the need.

wanderinwalker
February 11, 2003, 03:25 PM
Yeah, I realized right after I posted the mods will close it. Oh well. Thanks anyway guys.

If you enjoyed reading about "A Cry For Help" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!