Agent Smackatelli is Sik?

PDA

Zundfolge
June 2, 2004, 11:36 AM
A while back there was that story about the Italian police siezing a bunch of guns headed for the US.

The story was posted on www.jihadwatch.org and I posted a response to it (I think most of this was discussed here at the time).

Anyway, today I get the following email:
I found your post/email at jihadwatch.org
Do you know of anywhere i can find info on converting a SAR-# to fully?

sik

So here's my response:
Sik,

Converting an SAR-1 (or any firearm) from semi auto to full auto is generally against the law in the US ... its a big felony and the BATF will come 'round to shoot your dog/wife/kid etc and burn your house down for it.

If you want a full automatic AK-47 in the US you have to find one that was built before 1986 and legally owned and registered under the National Firearms Act of 1934. Then you fill out a BATF form, pay $200, wait 6 months or so for them to do your background check and then (assuming you live in a State that allows NFA weapons) you can pick up your full auto gun ... then good luck being able to afford to feed it (most of the guys I know with NFA firearms burn through a couple thousand rounds each trip to the range)

Now if you are dead set on doing it yourself, you can always get the license from the BATF that allows you to manufacture firearms (and NFA Firearms) then you can manufacture all the machine guns you want ... of course the military and law enforcement agencies are the only ones who could buy them from you (and you would have to actually go into business building and selling machine guns to keep your license ... once your license expires and isn't renewed you would have to legaly dispose of your full auto toys).

At any rate, all the forms you need to do either are available here http://www.atf.gov/forms/5000.htm#firearms

Thanks,
Mike Biles
aka Zundfolge

PS: Nice try Agent Smackatelli

If you enjoyed reading about "Agent Smackatelli is Sik?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
R.H. Lee
June 2, 2004, 05:53 PM
Now you'll get a cease and desist order for practicing law without a license!:neener:

Kharn
June 2, 2004, 06:09 PM
I believe its Agent Schmuckatelli.

You're in big trouble for not respecting his authorit-aye.
http://www.londonpostcard.co.uk/images/southpark/spmp3058.jpg

Kharn

Zundfolge
June 2, 2004, 06:15 PM
Well here's his response to my reply:

hehe. I'd love if theyd come on over! Not exactly what i was wondering but all in the same, thanks a grip for repling!

hooah.

:scrutiny:

pax
June 2, 2004, 06:29 PM
Not exactly what i was wondering ...
*laugh*

No, what he was wondering was if he could entrap you, ala' Randy Weaver.

*sigh*

pax

It does not do to leave a live dragon out of your calculations, if you live near him. -- J. R. R. Tolkien

Standing Wolf
June 2, 2004, 06:37 PM
I believe its Agent Schmuckatelli.

I've recently heard a rumor to the effect that Agent Schmuckatelli is actually a woman, or perhaps a woman masquerading as a man, or perhaps...

Well, I'll wait for Agent Schmuckatelli to resolve the mystery.

RED-DOG 40
June 2, 2004, 06:48 PM
"Agent Schmuckatelli is actually a woman, or perhaps a woman masquerading as a man, or perhaps..."

....Or maybe he's been neutered....
:what:
..That would make him an "IT".....:uhoh:

..:D

Warren
June 2, 2004, 07:34 PM
Where did this Schumkatelli get thing get started?

Is it a hip and ironic pop culture reference?

Something just on THR?

C'mon tell me.

sturmruger
June 2, 2004, 09:37 PM
Did you ever see that comercial where there was all of those people sitting around saying they were some famous athlete. I wish I could remember who they were talking about.

Just to increase paranio whenever we here references to good old Agent S. We should all post things like.

"I am Agent Schumkatelli"

cpileri
June 2, 2004, 10:16 PM
From The Desk Of Agent Schmuckatelli, BATFe...

Dear TFLers,
You all are making me blush! I just did not think you cared so much. To bring me up in a thread of my very own, its just too sweet.
To address your concerns, no i am not Sik. And no, no one who has posted before this is ME either. You're not me, I am me.

Don't you know impersonating a federal officer is a crime?

Really, that old 'get-'em-to-do-something-easily-recognizable-as-illegal-entrapment' scheme is SOOOOOO passe. No one would fall for that amateur attempt anymore. At least not anyone on your forum. Still worth a try on Johnny Jihad's site, i guess.

Now really, be nice. Making reference to my manhood and all. You're above that! The High Road, right?

Besides, in order to not only want to kill you, your wife, and burn your kids and pets alive after locking them in your house; but to GET OFF on it you have to have so much testosterone that even a genetic female would fool you. Nevermind the sociopathic tendencies and a disregard for the Constitution, you're born with one and the failure of the educational system at school and at home breeds the other. Add (inject?) a little testosterone and a paycheck and bingo- ME!

Hey, I've grown kind of fond of you all over the years. But I have to admit, I would be the first guy at your door coming for your guns if my boss told me to do it. Even if I didn't particularly want to, i have a wife, kids, several mistresses, and a mortgage and if I lose my job by saying 'no' then i am as screwed as you would be! Plus, I'd never work in Law Enforcement again. Since its all i know, I'd be on the streets in no time. I suspect its the same for you: the ones who want to resist but WONT because at least you will be alive to work and your family will survive.

So we're the same, really, you and I. Except for all the testosterone. (my attempt at humor :) )

And I'd bet that 'sameness' is why no LEO's will answer the thread. But then again, i have never and never will lie to you about anything.

Fair warning.

Regards,
Agent S-

RED-DOG 40
June 2, 2004, 10:33 PM
"Dear TFLers"

.....Uhhh...wrong forum there Agent S.....:uhoh:

Linux&Gun Guy
June 2, 2004, 11:13 PM
I saw Agent Schmuckatelli just the other week. He was dropping off a plastic bag under a bridge and later the same day I saw him smoking a green cigarillo. I think he is losing his touch and will be fired soon, get ready for Agent Jarminski!

Kharn
June 2, 2004, 11:16 PM
Here2Learn:
Its the generic ATF/FBI/CIA/Italian Customs (they've been bone-headed with arms shipments lately, apparently they think everyone lives under Italian law and cant own semiautos :rolleyes: ) agent name for when one does something boneheaded that we cant find an actual agent's name to put the blame on. Stupid email stings fall under this category.

Kharn

Standing Wolf
June 2, 2004, 11:37 PM
You all are making me blush! I just did not think you cared so much. To bring me up in a thread of my very own, its just too sweet.

Are you sure you're the real Agent Schmuckatelli?

Tamara
June 3, 2004, 12:38 AM
I knew Agent Schmuckatelli; Agent Schmuckatelli was an antagonist of mine, and you're no Agent Schmuckatelli!

:D

loose cannon
June 3, 2004, 01:31 AM
agent shmuckatelli sez,, i like you so much so ill kill you last:what: :evil:

loose cannon
June 3, 2004, 01:34 AM
of couse he wasnt talking about tamara if he did he knows we all cap him at the bottom of the mountain so tamara wouldnt have to get her guns dirty and clean them:)

Zundfolge
June 3, 2004, 10:25 AM
So in all seriousness ... what is the chance that this was some kind of attempt at a sting?

I figure it was just some young punk who noticed I had some knowledge of firearms and was curious ... but that nagging voice in the back of my head made me post it here to "cover my a" ... well you know.

garrettwc
June 3, 2004, 03:38 PM
Did you ever see that comercial where there was all of those people sitting around saying they were some famous athlete. I wish I could remember who they were talking about.

"I'm Emmett Smith."

El Tejon
June 3, 2004, 03:44 PM
Zun, you were close.

The agents themselves are not here posting (other than reading our witty banter and the female agents who leer at El Tejon's homepage continually). You ran into a Zebco CI.

CIs looking to work, and work reeeeaaal quick before their sentencing date, are what populate the net and gun shows.

Kodiak AK
June 3, 2004, 09:37 PM
I understand the CI part , but what does Zebco have to do with anything?

jamz
June 3, 2004, 10:12 PM
I don't understand the CI thing.
:confused:

-James
(gets ready for the ClueBat)

Evil_Ed
June 3, 2004, 10:17 PM
CI = Confidential Informant

Basically some poor bastard that has his nuts in an ATF vice because he did something stupid or got lured into doing something stupid. His only chance of pulling his own bacon out of the fire is to throw you to the wolves any way he can. CI's have been know to lie, cheat, and steal to get the "evidence" they need to feed a bigger fish to the ATF so they can obtain a get out of jail free card.

El Tejon
June 3, 2004, 10:41 PM
Kodiak, Zebco=he's fishing like a bare in a trout stream (look out, bears!).:D This must be a desparate or greedy CI, he's run out of friends to set up or everyone around him knows he's looking at BoP time, so he went fishing on the net. Happens from time to time.

Evil, don't forget the feds pay their CIs. Can be very lucrative, especially DEA CIs.:uhoh:

MeekandMild
June 4, 2004, 12:54 AM
I've recently heard a rumor to the effect that Agent Schmuckatelli is actually a woman, or perhaps a woman masquerading as a man, or perhaps...

That is agent Pat Schmuckatelli?

Zundfolge
June 4, 2004, 03:21 PM
That is agent Pat Schmuckatelli?
Dammit Meek ... now I gotta clean coffee off my monitor and keyboard (thankfuly it didn't come out my nose) :neener:

Basically some poor bastard that has his nuts in an ATF vice because he did something stupid or got lured into doing something stupid. His only chance of pulling his own bacon out of the fire is to throw you to the wolves any way he can. CI's have been know to lie, cheat, and steal to get the "evidence" they need to feed a bigger fish to the ATF so they can obtain a get out of jail free card.
If thats the case then I wanna meet up with this Sik fellow ... alone ... in a secluded spot ... maybe he doesn't have to even know I'm there :fire:

garrettwc
June 4, 2004, 08:12 PM
I never considered myself naive, but until I read Unintended Consequences, I would have thought Agent Smackatelli was a figment of a conspiratorial imagination.

Live and learn.

Kodiak AK
June 4, 2004, 08:20 PM
Ahh . Ok Thanx El T .

Yea I have been subjicated to a CI's dirty tricks myself . It really sucks when some one you thought was friend tries to burn you like that . On the plus side I got some one I didn't need in my life out of it .

If you enjoyed reading about "Agent Smackatelli is Sik?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!