man, these folks really are up a creek

PDA

SkaerE
February 11, 2003, 05:20 PM
with a turd for a paddle if you will...

http://canada.com/national/story.asp?id=%7BDE06E5E3-685B-4751-841C-FAB8B263AADD%7D

wow.

If you enjoyed reading about "man, these folks really are up a creek" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Sisco
February 11, 2003, 05:35 PM
Is there an award for "Most ignorant sheeple"? If so they are the hands down winners.

HABU
February 11, 2003, 05:50 PM
The word gun is synonymous with death.
It is also synonomous with liberty, but what would she know about that, being ruled by another country.

Then Chloe was sent home later in the week, again with her list, which now came complete with pictures beside each word. :what: OH NO!! Not a picture too!
Makes me wanna take my Current issue of American Handgunner and show it to sheeple like that and say: GUN! GUN! GUN! GUN! GUN! :neener: Now I know that doesnt do our cause much good, but if someone is that anal, it cant hurt either.:evil:

http://flymeaway.net/images/sheeple.gif

Triad
February 11, 2003, 05:50 PM
"I don't think this is an issue of political correctness. It's an issue of protecting your child from violence. Guns are violent. End of story," said Mrs. Sousa.

Of course it's an issue of political correctness. The only excuse to blame an inanimate object for the actions of the person wielding it is political correctness. You're an idiot. End of story.

J Miller
February 11, 2003, 06:01 PM
:fire: :banghead: :rolleyes: :uhoh:

I have no words to accruately describe my feelings about the people who run the schools and submit to parents like this. W.I.M.P.'s come close, but doesn't do it.
(Whining-Incompetent-Mealy mouthed-Pansies)
As for the mother having fits because her daughter learned to spell a three letter word, the word that fits her is: VICTIM.

standingbear
February 11, 2003, 06:04 PM
ive heard of zero tolerance but this is absolutly ridiculous.geesh just when i though id seen it all with a kid being suspended for having a hunting magazine in his bookbag.sheeple isnt "timid" enough for these people.even sheep know when to run.

geekWithA.45
February 11, 2003, 06:15 PM
So as not to grow up ignorant. Duh.

benewton
February 11, 2003, 06:22 PM
I own weapons, not guns, because a gun is a crew served weapon!

And, since that is, for sure, something a modern Canadian needs know nothing about, it's a bit hard to disagree with the parents....

Sisco
February 11, 2003, 06:23 PM
I changed my mind. The parents are the "most ignorant sheeple". Any school administrator who would bow down to their igronant complaint wins the award.

Autolite
February 11, 2003, 07:05 PM
Lets not get our panties in too much of a bunch over this one. Did y'all scroll down past the end of the article and read the opinions of 'normal' folks in the 'comments' section? It becomes obvious that the kid's parents are flakes when compared to the majority opinion. Also, look at the story in it's proper context. It happened in ONTARIO, (which equates to California, only even more socially disfunctional). Nuff said ...

jimbo
February 13, 2003, 12:27 AM
Man, I can just imagine this family practice spelling with her at home!

A is for "abortion." B is for "Baby killers." C is for "condom." And so on. I wonder what "G" is reserved for?

That is going to be one confused little girl.:barf:

Wilhelm
February 13, 2003, 12:59 AM
That is unbelievable.

Wilhelm

abaddon
February 13, 2003, 04:29 AM
There must be 500 responses condemning the school board's decision.

Here are some of the things I noticed

"'In order to outlaw guns, you must first outlaw knowledge of guns. To outlaw knowledge of guns, you must outlaw knowledge itself." - L. Neil Smith"

"These anti-gun people are a danger to our society.They would lead us down the rosy path of defenselessness,right into the path of any uncoming force and sacrifice us all on their altar of "peace at any cost".I demand the authourities investigate these people thouroughly including pshycological testing."

true, most of the responses did not express pro-RKBA views, but I didn't see one that supported the school district's position. Canada may be messed up, but I think we can give Canadians a break.

Jeff

ball3006
February 13, 2003, 02:55 PM
will do the first time her daughter brings home a "four letter word". Then who is she going to complain to....chris3

10-Ring
February 13, 2003, 03:01 PM
These are the same kind of people who are anti death penalty & aren't sure about going to war vs. Saddam. When you're so extremely left that all common sense has left your being, it's time for the rancher to thin the herd.:banghead: :cuss: :what: :scrutiny: (if there were more appropriate smilies, I'd use'em!)

Dogsoldier
February 13, 2003, 03:07 PM
And they let those people breed?

God save us from idiots like this.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Freedom in theSkies
February 13, 2003, 03:14 PM
It's no wonder some people think Canada is full of morons, when some people think like this, and go to extremes to have their ideas made into policy. So much for democracy...:mad:
I just don't understand how her kid is going to attain a passing grade in history class, when they start learning about the wars that were fought so that she could recieve an open and complete education without fear of censorship.:scrutiny:

Woodchuck
February 13, 2003, 03:17 PM
not surprising comming from the land of SUBJECTS

An armed man is a citizen, an unarmed man is a subject.

The French surrender monkey connection runs deep. They gave in to gun registration without a fight. They won't fight censorship in their schools either.

Beorn
February 13, 2003, 03:27 PM
I wrote a scathing article, pushed send (I even kept it to 1000 characters [it was exactly 1000]), and then there was an error message and I LOST IT!

<sigh>

Oh well, it probably wouldn't have been a good idea for a teacher without tenure to blast an entire educational system (which I did) and suggest other "bad" words for removal as well (which I also did).

I am so glad to live in the USA. Even if it IS in the PRK...

Canada...:barf:

gun-fucious
February 13, 2003, 03:58 PM
Screwgun
nailgun
hotglue gun
caulkgun
electron gun

Main Entry: gun
Pronunciation: 'g&n
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English gonne, gunne
Date: 14th century
1 a : a piece of ordnance usually with high muzzle velocity and comparatively flat trajectory b : a portable firearm (as a rifle or handgun) c : a device that throws a projectile
2 a : a discharge of a gun especially as a salute or signal b : a signal marking a beginning or ending
3 a : HUNTER b : GUNMAN
4 : something suggesting a gun in shape or function
5 : THROTTLE
- gunned /'g&nd/ adjective
- under the gun : under pressure or attack

.45TCB
February 13, 2003, 05:33 PM
"I was horrified that not only were we ignored, but now my daughter is carrying around a picture of a gun," he said. Well, he defintely shouldn't have been ignored . . . He should have been told exactly and in no uncertain terms how stupid his complaint is.

Redlg155
February 13, 2003, 05:55 PM
Interesting and sad.

Peace Activists are the leeches of society. They attach to a host because they cannot survive on their own.

Now a local Govt makes a decision affecting all for the supposed good of one. Another good reason to start educating your children instead of depending on others to do so for you.

Good Shooting
RED

twoblink
February 13, 2003, 08:25 PM
WOW... It's hard for me to be speechless, as I'm probably the most verbose person I know, but this one is a doozy..

Orwell missed this one!!

Errr.... GUN! Oops.. there, I said it.

Sara Brady would love this; she'd be quicker then a bullet train to throw out the 1st Amendment just to infringe on the 2nd. I mean, she's now got a model to base it on..:cuss:

I wonder if the mother of someone who's child drowned in a pool, would want the word pool to be banned from school...

Sad sad sad..

Autolite
February 13, 2003, 08:47 PM
and I'm begining to see the other side of the story. Perhaps we should eliminate the evil 'G' word and start using terminology with a little more of a PC slant to it. How about calling it a "projectile-rendering-personal-protection-device". It sounds so much more pacific and it has a nice ring to it. I think we could make this work for us ...

Blackhawk
February 13, 2003, 10:09 PM
The comments at the bottom are the real story. Hope lives.... :neener:

If you enjoyed reading about "man, these folks really are up a creek" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!