How to I make a QUOTE from out of a post.

PDA

VaniB.
June 3, 2004, 02:11 PM
How do I get to take a quote out of someones post on a thread?

In other sites I frequent there is a "Quote" box on each persons post that I can click on. It is normally located at the bottom where you see the other avitars located ( "PM" , "MAIL", "PROFILE", "BUDDY" "SEARCH" etc.) The entire contents of the post will then pop up in my reply as a qoute, and I can use it whole or cut it down in size.

How do I do a quote on this website? Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "How to I make a QUOTE from out of a post." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ChristopherG
June 3, 2004, 03:00 PM
Copy the text you want to quote to your computer's clipboard. Hit 'Post Reply'. Look for the oval button on the far right of the controls & stuff above the text window of your reply entry screen. Push 'Quote'. Paste the text you want into the window that pops up. Click OK, or whatever it wants. Like this:

How do I get to take a quote out of someones post on a thread?

Then I usually use 'preview reply' to see if I've got it right before hitting 'submit reply'.

pax
June 3, 2004, 07:19 PM
Christopher G has one method. :) The other method is simply to add in the coding yourself.

First grab the text you want to quote, by left-clicking, highlighting, right-clicking, and selecting "copy."

Open your reply screen.

Then type and paste the text right after it (right click, select "paste").

Finish by typing .

Then type your own response.

pax

VaniB.
June 3, 2004, 10:07 PM
Copy the text you want to quote to your computer's clipboard. Hit 'Post Reply'. Look for the oval button on the far right of the controls & stuff above the text window of your reply entry screen. Push 'Quote'. Paste the text you want into the window that pops up. Click OK, or whatever it wants. Like this:

By George, I think I got it!

Thanks Guys.

If you enjoyed reading about "How to I make a QUOTE from out of a post." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!