MA, AG forbids UPS ammo delivery, but....

PDA

porciniman
June 3, 2004, 05:43 PM
Friends in MA, have been recieving UPS/FedX deliveries.
Clearly posted on package.."Ammo"
I like the cheaper prices of on-line delivery here in MA, but can UPS/FedX screw me here??!!!
VB

If you enjoyed reading about "MA, AG forbids UPS ammo delivery, but...." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Carlos
June 3, 2004, 10:27 PM
screw you for what? I don't get the question.

carpettbaggerr
June 4, 2004, 01:58 AM
How does the AG ban the deliveries?

edited for speling

XeroSygnal
June 4, 2004, 06:42 AM
I didn't think that he had banned the actual shipment of ammo. I thought that he was coming down on dealers who sold ammo to people in Massachusetts since you are supposed to have an FID or Class A/B license to buy the ammo and most out of state ammo dealers don't check for this. I should think that if he tried to ban the actual shipment then that would be interfering with interstate commerce. And besides, the laws are so screwed up and backwards in Massachusetts that no one (especially FedEx and UPS) will know what's up anyway.

porciniman
June 4, 2004, 08:42 AM
XeroSygnal, there are two on-line companies that will not ship to MA anymore because the AG won't alow it. Even though I have a Class A license.
I guess I was concerned if I use the company my friend uses, if the AG had a ligitiment gripe with me, or if I was breaking any law.
VB

FPrice
June 4, 2004, 08:59 AM
For those of you who may not be familiar with the problem here in the People's Commonwealth:

http://www.goal.org/Alerts/mailorder.htm

XeroSygnal
June 4, 2004, 09:32 AM
porciniman,

Understandable. The laws are so messed up and seems like every company out there has their own set of business rules that they follow. Some will sell ammo here, some won't. Some will sell large-capacity magazines here, some won't. Some will sell ammo and/or magazines but only if they have a copy of your license on file. Hell, according to AIM's website they won't even sell C&R firearms to C&R permit holders in Massachusetts.

Sean Cloherty
June 4, 2004, 12:40 PM
Having just received a case of Barnaul 7.62x39 SP yesterday, I can vouch for there being no ban per se.

It is up to each business to determine if they are compliant with MA law, and whether it is worth the risk.

Oddly, none of the dealers I used previously who required a photocopy of my permissions slip from the state will send me ammo. The ones that will don't check. Weird, eh?

Gump
June 4, 2004, 01:24 PM
Would anyone mind letting me know of any companies that will sell os MASS residents ammo. I am always happy to save some cashola

porciniman
June 4, 2004, 01:37 PM
would anyone Would anyone mind letting me know of any companies that will sell os MASS residents ammo. I am always happy to save some cashola

Ditto!!!
I've called a half dozen companies today. No dice.
The prices I saw were incredible, but because I can't get it delivered in MA, I'd have to ship it to friends in NH!!
Help:cuss:
VB

Sean Cloherty
June 4, 2004, 04:25 PM
PM to Porciniman, e-mail to Gump

rick_reno
June 4, 2004, 06:35 PM
Don't you have a friend in New Hampshire? If no, go make one...

porciniman
June 5, 2004, 12:27 PM
Don't you have a friend in New Hampshire? If no, go make one...
Now that's funny!!!
I guess I'll have to develop my friendship skills!:D
Cheers, VB

Third_Rail
June 5, 2004, 12:47 PM
I'd also love to know who is MA compliant, as Ammoman and Ammunitionstore aren't, even though their websites say that they are.

If you enjoyed reading about "MA, AG forbids UPS ammo delivery, but...." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!