Intemperate thoughts on oxymorons...

PDA

bogie
February 11, 2003, 06:14 PM
Yup. Those practitioners of "military intelligence." Seems to me we've got a sort of catch-22 situation going here...

Now, let's assume that our folks are pretty good at it. They're ready with the smart bombs, guidance systems, etc., and they're looking to stick a few of the suckers down strategically positioned smokestacks, basement doors, whatever, where ol' Saddam is building or storing nasty stuff.

Okay.

If _we_ know where the nasty stuff is, why don't we point the nice UN inspectors toward it? Lose some of the nasty international public relations we've been picking up. Hey, don't need to tell 'em everything - just point 'em toward ONE nasty site, and see what hits the fan.

If we don't know where it is, we oughta hold off until we have better intelligence.

If you enjoyed reading about "Intemperate thoughts on oxymorons..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
HABU
February 11, 2003, 06:21 PM
jumbo shrimp

good job

Let the hijack begin!:D
(you knew it would get hijacked):neener:

CZ-75
February 11, 2003, 07:17 PM
French war hero?

TracerSpies
February 11, 2003, 07:21 PM
Second Amendment Democrat!

Kframe
February 11, 2003, 07:26 PM
common sense
:rolleyes:
-Kframe

Bainx
February 11, 2003, 07:31 PM
Army Intelligence

Dark Black

Government Worker

Matthew Courtney
February 11, 2003, 07:42 PM
If _we_ know where the nasty stuff is, why don't we point the nice UN inspectors toward it?

We have tried. It seems the U.N., or someone on their inspection team cannot keep a secret. The goods disappear before the inspecction team gets there. Part of the problem is that we don't give the UN our best information, because they are not trustworthy. Why give Saddam the opportunity to hide something he mistakenly thinks is already hidden?

The French and Germans oppose the war for ecomonic and internal political reasons. Unless we buy them off and change the dynamics of their internal politics, they will oppose the war until Iraqi troops are at their borders threatening to use WMD's on them. And some of them even then.

Bruce in West Oz
February 11, 2003, 07:50 PM
rush hour

public service

Japanese cooking ;)

Bruce

Matthew Courtney
February 11, 2003, 08:20 PM
Great man

Good law

Trustworthy woman

Smartass

profitable small business

handgun

prison trustee

IRS advice

dirty money

beautiful baby

good dog

responsible teenager

reliable delivery service

honest lawyer

unbiased media

hardworking employee

easy duckhunt

happily married

dependable lawn mower

economy car

quick solution

can't miss fishing hole

easy woman

platonic relationship

comfortable suit

jmbg29
February 11, 2003, 09:15 PM
If _we_ know where the nasty stuff is, why don't we point the nice UN inspectors toward it?

A. It's not our job. It is Saddam's job to volunteer to not only reveal their wherabouts, but also to destroy them.

B. If one reveals information of that sort, several things happen:

1) The U.N.-rat inspectors like the predatory pedophile Scott Ritter leak the information to the enemy.

2) The enemy then "reverse engineers" the information to discover how it was obtained.

3) The asset that originally gained one the information "disappears".

C. The rest of the world isn't going to suddenly like us, no matter what we do. So we may as well do what is in our interest, and leave it at that.

BigG
February 11, 2003, 09:43 PM
Country music. :p

blades67
February 11, 2003, 09:49 PM
I'm from the Government, I'm here to help. :what: :neener:

Preacherman
February 11, 2003, 11:03 PM
If _we_ know where the nasty stuff is, why don't we point the nice UN inspectors toward it?Yeah, but how to do the pointing is the interesting thing... personally, I'd vote for pointing out the site(s) with a cruise missile or two, and let the UN inspectors test the ruins for forensic evidence of the WMD that used to be inside! :D

agony
February 12, 2003, 12:07 AM
Near miss.
Pet peeve.

mnealtx
February 12, 2003, 04:06 AM
rap music :neener:

MrAcheson
February 12, 2003, 08:38 AM
Army Intelligence

Government Worker

Hey I represent those remarks:D

BigG
February 12, 2003, 10:34 AM
Meaningful work.

Viking6
February 12, 2003, 10:38 AM
I consider "dark black" a redundancy not an oxymoron.

dustind
February 12, 2003, 11:45 AM
microsoft works

swiss cheese

seeker_two
February 12, 2003, 12:26 PM

I'll do that....Mr. Inspector? See that smoking crater over there? That's a chemical weapon's dump. Really. Go look....:evil:

Lose some of the nasty international public relations we've been picking up.

Do we REALLY care what a bunch of French poofs & German goose-steppers think of our homeland security policy?....:evil:

If necessary, we'll do an internet poll AFTER the Iraqui civilization ceases to exist....:evil:

Matthew Courtney
February 12, 2003, 01:03 PM
journalistic ethics

CZ-75
February 12, 2003, 01:24 PM
unbiased journalism

Blackhawk
February 12, 2003, 01:30 PM
jmbg29 answered your question very well, bogie. He really did.

bogie
February 12, 2003, 01:37 PM
Sure, it may be easy to say that we should just go ahead, and the consequences be damned, but at the same time, we're going to have a war of public opinion. We didn't lose Vietnam in Vietnam - we lost it at home. I think that we should use every resource available to convince an OVERWHELMING majority that we need to go in and root the suckers out. Colin Powell saying that there's bad nasties in Hussein's possession is one thing, but pictures of a biowarfare testing facility would be an order of magnitude more convincing.

mack
February 12, 2003, 01:37 PM
Okay, I was going to say ditto to what jmbg29 posted, but I see Blackhawk beat me to it. So, ditto what Blackhawk said.

BamBam-31
February 12, 2003, 01:40 PM
French soldier
cheap ammo

Blackhawk
February 12, 2003, 01:50 PM
I think that we should use every resource available to convince an OVERWHELMING majority that we need to go in and root the suckers out. Guess I'm just too cynical (and I was that way BEFORE serving in Vietnam), bogie.

How much do I think of the opinions of those who look up to JLo, Alec Baldwin, BS, Clinton, etc.? THOSE are the ones who are so eager to inform us of their opinions.

I'm grateful that Bush is more interested in doing the right thing than following the opinions of the ignorant, uninformed, "OVERWHELMING" public.

They will follow a good leader with vision, and I wouldn't want it any other way.

mack
February 12, 2003, 01:51 PM
Vietnam was a different animal - it was run by politicians as a political campaign instead of a war with specific material objectives. If we attack Iraq, and I think we will, we will not stop the war until the job is done which will not take long, unlike Vietnam where we stopped at a line on a map and allowed the conflict to go on and on with no end in sight. Also as Iraq has oil, we will not be stuck without an exit strategy, as once a new regime has been installed and the weapons cleared out, there will be a line of nations, (including Germany and France), just waiting to jump in as peacekeepers in order to insure they have a say and an in with the new government - to insure they get a piece of the Iraq oil pie and contracts for rebuilding the infrastructure.

Therefore the public will rally even more behind our troops immediately after a short war and we will get out before the long term and avoid any of the protracted problems associated Vietnam.

jmbg29
February 12, 2003, 02:37 PM
Colin Powell saying that there's bad nasties in Hussein's possession is one thing, but pictures of a biowarfare testing facility would be an order of magnitude more convincing.Only to those already convinced. I hate to be the one to disillusion you, but here goes:

Lots of people, especially people that live here, hate this country NO MATTER WHAT!

If you show them a picture, they'll say "It's a fake!" If you show them crates of chemical warheads they'll say "It's not a smoking gun!"

To them I say :cuss: you!

There are people that would, if they could, kill my people.

Me, and millions of people like me, have and will do everything necessary to stop them. NO MATTER WHAT!

They can hide in ratholes in Trashcanistan, in bunkers in Iraq, or in the jungles of Nicarawa for all I care. Just so they know this; they can't hide forever, and no amount of left-wing sniveling in this country will save them. No amount. We will be forever vigilant, and from us there is no escape. And should they wish to choose suicide/senseless death as their strategy against us, then I'd say that they have chosen well, because we have senseless death for those that want it, by the freakin' giga-ton.

BigG
February 12, 2003, 03:24 PM
Family law - mostly pertains to divorces, IIRC. :rolleyes:

Kframe
February 13, 2003, 12:03 AM
jmbg29, you've got a point I've been trying to crystalize lately, but couldn't until I saw what you read.

All these 'say no to war with iraq' people keep crying for concrete evidence (procurred by our gov't and shown to us by the media) showing that Sadam not only has WOMD, but that he intends to use them.

Well, you're right.
Any "concrete evidence" is going to be discounted by those sheeple, because they don't want to believe and therefore, won't.

Sheesh, I think one of the most damning pieces of evidence is something that Sadam said, and I'll try to paraphrase:
'We don't have any weapons of mass destruction.
We really are no threat to anyone.
But if the USA attacks us, we will crush them easily.'

Okay, huh?!?
If they don't have big bad weapons, how exactly would they crush us?
Seems like somebody tipped his hand.
Think about it.
-Kframe

If you enjoyed reading about "Intemperate thoughts on oxymorons..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!