Can't go shooting for 6-8 weeks now.

PDA

RLadd21
June 4, 2004, 01:03 AM
I'm the manager for a restaurant and had to go back and cut some lettuce for salad mix wed. night. Well, in the process, I cut the end of my thumb off (no bone but cut off most of the tissue pretty much up to the bone). Looks like I won't be able to go shooting as I don't want to end up getting it infected while it heals over the next 8 weeks or so. This sucks.

If you enjoyed reading about "Can't go shooting for 6-8 weeks now." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
RLadd21
June 4, 2004, 01:04 AM
by the way, no we didn't serve any of the lettuce, it all got thrown away. I know how some of you think so I thought i'd mention that first off.

Preacherman
June 4, 2004, 01:07 AM
So your Band-Aid is a form of salad dressing?

:neener: :p :D

Jim March
June 4, 2004, 01:31 AM
Been there, done that. I was just a kid, 10 or so. Went to cut a branch with a pocketknife, took the end of my thumb right off. Squeezed it, and a stream of blood went off into the bushes.

My bratty six-year-old kid brother started laughing at me.

A stream of blood in his face shut him up :D.

Mom comes out, I'm chasin' him around the back yard, brother looks like a war victim...mom freaks...:p

Ah, youth.

keeperofthehills
June 4, 2004, 01:55 AM
had my dads .41 magnum out when I had stiches in the side of my dominant hand thumb. ... got about 3 shots off before I had blood running down my arm.

very dumb idea on my part:D

The_Antibubba
June 4, 2004, 03:08 AM
Now you can focus on your off-hand shooting. Dou you think the BG will give you 6 to 8 weeks to recover when HE cuts your strong hand? ;)

Josey
June 4, 2004, 05:05 AM
LOL Good one! BTDT. I worked my tail off and looked for good deeds to do as a kid. I WANTED a Cub Scout knife. I got it. The first time I closed the cutting blade. My mom kept that knife in her music box for years. I don't know how Graham Kerr has all ten fingers.:neener:

mfree
June 4, 2004, 10:28 AM
I did the same thing Josey.... got my first real boy scout knife, went into the backyard, and shut it over my left index finger trying to carve a tree. Got down to the bone, lucky I missed everything else that day :)

Did end up with a conversation piece on my finger though, scars look real pretty when the stitch holes are visible
:D :banghead:

If you enjoyed reading about "Can't go shooting for 6-8 weeks now." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!