Canada to lobby in US for gun control

PDA

Stebalo
June 4, 2004, 02:01 AM
http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Politics/CanadaVotes/2004/06/03/484693-cp.html

"What we are focusing on is the increasing evidence that the biggest problem is illegal guns coming in from the U.S.," Layton told reporters. "We're proposing going across the border to the U.S. and actively engaging in lobbying to have gun-control laws in the U.S. strengthened."

Their own attempt at gun control has failed. Obviously, the fault lies in the US. It doesn't occur to the naive northerners that bad guys aren't going to follow the law.

If you enjoyed reading about "Canada to lobby in US for gun control" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
newguy123
June 4, 2004, 02:38 AM
As a gun owning Canadian I would like to apologize for the asshead politician that was quoted above. Obviously myself and all the other gun owners give no repect to that idiot. Hopefully the conservatives win and we get somewhere back to the past and scrap the long gun registry. I dream in life is to live in Vermont and have all the gun freedom I want. Do I need to be a citizen to own guns in the US of A? Anyone know how I can get citizenship? Eh.

Norton
June 4, 2004, 05:42 AM
>>Anyone know how I can get citizenship?<<

You're coming across the wrong border for starters......;)

Hasn't this politician seen the South Park movie?:neener:

Waitone
June 4, 2004, 09:22 AM
newguy123

Welcome to THR. I accept the apology for your official. Unfortunately his argument is the international variant on a common domestic argument. DC's gun control laws don't work because of the lax laws in SC and VA.

Maryland's laws don't work because DC's laws don't work.

New York and Hew Jersey's laws fail because of Pennsylvania.

Illinois' laws tank because of Indiana.

California laws fail because of Arizona, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, and Idaho.

Couldn't be the concept of gun control is a failure. Eh?

Leatherneck
June 4, 2004, 09:37 AM
I've long held that protection of one's border is one's own responsibility. What a quaint concept.

TC
TFL Survivor

Herself
June 4, 2004, 09:38 AM
Waitone points out an old anti lie:Illinois' laws tank because of Indiana.

Y'know, I wonder which city has the higher per-capita rate of "gun violence" -- Chicago or Indianapolis? Ft. Wayne or Peoria? ...I need to look this up, but I have a sneaking suspicion IN is the safer place to be....

--Herself

Gray Peterson
June 4, 2004, 09:46 AM
The title is misleading...

It's an election ploy by the New Democratic Party in Canada. However, everything I've seen lately about Canadian election politics points out that it's pretty much going to be a two way race between the Liberals and the new Conservative party.

fjolnirsson
June 4, 2004, 09:54 AM
Welcome to THR.
Check your PMs.:D

ID_shooting
June 4, 2004, 10:01 AM
Newguy123:

Depending on your age, I served in the Army with several Canadians working on thier citizenship. One of the bennefits of serving in the military is being able to become a citizen. I don't how others feel, but I for one will call any forign national that chooses to put on a U.S. uniform a BROTHER.

Stebalo
June 4, 2004, 04:39 PM
Ahh, the old anti-freedom gun grabber mentality. The only reason gun control fails is because we don't have enough of it yet.

If you enjoyed reading about "Canada to lobby in US for gun control" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!