Why'd my "70's SHTF Book" thread get moved to "Roundtable?"


PDA






Trebor
June 4, 2004, 03:42 AM
Why did this thread on a '70s SHTF book I found get moved to "Roundtable?"

I'd ask the mod who moved it, but I don't know who that is.

I posted the question at "Tech Support" as well, but no one replied.

This thread is just as appropriate for General Discussion as any of the other movie or book related threads we've had there. It definately has gun related content as well.

I'm not trying to get my knickers in a bunch too much over this, but I don't understand why it was moved, especially to the "Roundtable" which is essentially the dungeon of THR.

Here's the thread:

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?threadid=85123

If you enjoyed reading about "Why'd my "70's SHTF Book" thread get moved to "Roundtable?"" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
BluesBear
June 4, 2004, 05:34 AM
Trebor,
Who knows. I have only looked into the round table once and I can't figure it out. It looked to me that 40% belonged in General and the other 60% didn't belong anywhere on THR.

I'll continure to ignore The Round Table because I have no desire to discuss the proper cocktail to sip while hunting teenage mutant zombie ninja bears.


Personally I think your thread belonged in General, but then again no one asks my opinions.

mfree
June 4, 2004, 10:10 AM
I think y'all should have a "literature" community...it'd have fit just fine, along with the library/speer reloading manual post, my possible upcoming post about finding several old gunsmithing books in my local library, etc.

:)

Don Gwinn
June 4, 2004, 01:03 PM
Wow, you're really not going to like this, but. . . . . whoooosh!




Now, as to why the other thread went into the Roundtable, I couldn't tell you. It's new, and I think some of us are still working out exactly what it's for.

Trebor
June 4, 2004, 06:18 PM
No problem, Don. I expected this one to get redirectd, but I thought it would wind up in "Tech Support." I just put it in GD first so that maybe the mod who moved my first thread would see it and respond.

Next time you go into the "double secret" mods only area, do me a favor and ask around. I know this isn't significant in the grand scheme of things, but for some reason it's really starting to bug me. Maybe because I can't get an answer.

Ironbarr
June 5, 2004, 01:25 AM
Maybe it was considered political - Oleg's hope for it.

tyme
June 5, 2004, 01:38 AM
There's no THR conference room complete with cigarette-smoking-man and well-manicured-man. Many people on THR are frustrated -- some that threads are getting closed or moved, and some that threads are being left open or that the Round Table even exists. Keep in mind the people in this "double secret" mod area are trying to deal with that conflict. Also keep in mind that they have a lot of collective experience, both in the RKBA arena as well as in firearms-related forum moderation.

If people would spend half the time posting quality threads to GenDisc and L&P that they spend griping and posting totally off-the-wall threads in the Round Table, I think everybody would be much happier. (That's not a reference to the 70's SHTF thread, since I haven't read it.)

The police have arrived to confiscate my soapbox.

Trebor
June 5, 2004, 06:40 AM
If people would spend half the time posting quality threads to GenDisc and L&P that they spend griping and posting totally off-the-wall threads in the Round Table, I think everybody would be much happier.

That's my point. It wasn't an off the wall thread suitable only for the Roundtable, it was a perfectly good General Discussion thread. I don't read the Roundtable myself, other then to check it out after my thread got moved there, and I still don't understand why it got moved, and why none of the mods will answer as to why it was moved.

tyme
June 5, 2004, 01:15 PM
The initial post seemed like it was prompting a book and SHTF discussion rather than a firearm-centric discussion. I suspect that's why it was moved.

Kaylee
June 14, 2004, 06:30 PM
I moved it. Sorry for not answering already... eek!

I moved it 'cause it looked to me as if the thread was moving towards SHTF literature discussion as opposed to firearms discussion.. the former being more of a Roundtable topic. Tell you what.. make a "the guns of SHTF novels/movies/etc" thread, and I promise I'll leave it alone. :)


-K

If you enjoyed reading about "Why'd my "70's SHTF Book" thread get moved to "Roundtable?"" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!