Los Padres National Forest and their policy on carrying a firearm.

PDA

Ant Mod
June 5, 2004, 01:47 AM
I called the ranger district today to ask about carrying in the Los Padres National Forest. This is the exact answer I received. "Open carry is allowed but not recommended." What the heck does that mean? Then the ranger asked me what kind of firearm and I told him a revolver. He then said "make sure that it is not concealed in any ways, that includes a jacket." Um obviously if it means open carry. He even wanted to know my name, when I would be there, what trails I was taking, and what my name was. I said thank you for the information I apprecaite the help. This state is so messed up (Ca I mean).

If you enjoyed reading about "Los Padres National Forest and their policy on carrying a firearm." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Josey
June 5, 2004, 02:17 AM
Think about it. NATIONAL forest. This is nothing related to California. The problem is in DoC.

Malone LaVeigh
June 5, 2004, 02:54 AM
It's also highly improbable you talked to "the ranger."

Sindawe
June 5, 2004, 03:56 AM
Is why I carrry my sidearm in a mid-thigh "Tactical" holster. I tend toward olive drab or woodland camo BDUs when in the forests. and the topshirt covers a behind the hip hoster quite well. And the "Gunslinger" location just feel more....natural to me.

As too the "Ranger" at Los Padres National Forest. I suggest that this fine fellow needs a refresher course in Civics. :scrutiny:

Standing Wolf
June 5, 2004, 05:04 PM
Open carry is allowed but not recommended.

Baloney! There are altogether too many people prancing around in uniforms who mistake their personal beliefs for public policy.

7.62FullMetalJacket
June 5, 2004, 05:17 PM
If you are in the woods alone and a bear eats you, does it make a sound?

gunsmith
June 6, 2004, 02:40 PM
Rangers,I got this nice women who was very polite and enthusiastic about shooting sports. She said just follow the basic safety rules,and make sure of having a good backstop for target shooting.
When we get friendly Fed employee's we should be sure to thank them!

If you enjoyed reading about "Los Padres National Forest and their policy on carrying a firearm." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!