100 day's left, all.

PDA

Nick1911
June 5, 2004, 01:02 AM
Only another 100 days left as of now. (http://www.awbansunset.com) And the Federal Violent Crime Control Act of 1994 is gone...

Tell me pesimists; are you getting more optimistic? I started following this thing in October 2003, and back then thought it has pretty losuy shot of ever becoming reality. But now I'm feeling better about it. I think this thing has a 75% chance of dying...

Thoughts?

Nick

If you enjoyed reading about "100 day's left, all." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
George S.
June 5, 2004, 10:15 AM
No, I'm not really optimistic at all about the ban going away. The AWB legislators (and we all know who she is...:cuss: and that other old twit from MA) will find a way to place an AWB rider on some innocent piece of legislation before Congress that effectively extends the current ban or even makes it worse. And she's doing this now.

The saddest part of how Congress works is this type of political backscratching when it come to getting pet bills passed that would otherwise cause lots of debate. Politicans buy and sell their votes between each other by allowing riders to be placed on bills. The original bill gets enought support to be passed because some other legislators want support to get their pet bill passed later on, so votes are traded or bought without regard to how the citizens who put the legislators there in the first place feel about an issue.

Obiwan
June 5, 2004, 11:01 AM
Methinks the last 100 days will be the toughest

striker3
June 5, 2004, 06:56 PM
Methinks the last 100 days will be the toughest

As do I. I have already written my Senators, but as one of them is Sen. Mcain, I think I wasted half of my time...

If you enjoyed reading about "100 day's left, all." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!