UTAH: Are you guys up for another get together later in the summer?

PDA

Ben Shepherd
June 5, 2004, 11:56 AM
Rather than doing a long thread on logistics here, just post a yes or no, or send me a PM.

I'm thinking we could all hook up for a trip to the Browning firearm museum sometime later in the summer. Spend a good portion of the day at the museum, then hit a local resturant for dinner.

Maybe if you guys are interested in this, we can discuss details at the strawberry get together next weekend?

If you enjoyed reading about "UTAH: Are you guys up for another get together later in the summer?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
CrudeGT
June 5, 2004, 12:35 PM
i'm in.

skyder
June 5, 2004, 04:59 PM
Sure

BHPshooter
June 6, 2004, 01:48 AM
OH yeah. I'm in. I've been trying to get to the JMB museum for about 2 years now, and still haven't been able to.

And any excuse to meet up with THR members is a good excuse. ;)

Wes

Gatofeo
June 6, 2004, 06:22 PM
The ugly cat is in. Sounds good.
Haven't been to the Browning museum in a few years. There is also an excellent rock shop in Ogden that is worth visiting. You can buy unpolished and polished geodes at decent prices, taken from the famous Dugway geode beds in the Utah desert.
And up the street from that is a sporting goods store that sells a lot of guns. Last time I was there, a few years ago, they sold Goex black powder much cheaper than you could get it in Salt Lake City.
Might be an opportunity for some of you to replenish your stock. These are just ideas for those who may wish to see more than the Browning museum.

CrudeGT
June 6, 2004, 06:49 PM
This is going to be an incredibly educational field trip. Can we end the day by blowing stuff up? :cool:

Ben Shepherd
July 2, 2004, 12:38 AM
Just a little bump, the idea is still in the brain folks.

BHPshooter
July 2, 2004, 01:58 AM
And I'm still game. ;)

Seriously -- I have been trying to get my fat butt up to the JMB museum for over 2 years, and it hasn't happened yet... That could be a seriously fun outing.

Wes

Correia
July 2, 2004, 03:10 PM
I pray towards the Browning museum three times a day. :) For those of you who haven't been, it is an amazing place.

I'm posting this here also because some of you (Fume, Crude) expressed interest. My next class in on July 31st. E-mail me if you are interested.

George Hill
July 2, 2004, 06:50 PM
I'm in. I'll try to make it.

Valkman
July 4, 2004, 01:14 AM
Ben, how far from Vegas would this be? Might need a side trip up to Utah! :D

BHPshooter
July 4, 2004, 01:19 PM
Ben, how far from Vegas would this be? Might need a side trip up to Utah!

Well, it's about a six hour drive from Las Vegas to Salt Lake City, and then about another two hours to Morgan.

But would it be worth it? I think so. :D Come on out. The more the merrier!

Wes

skyder
July 6, 2004, 01:37 PM
I'm not sure what we could do in Morgan. Browning has corporate HQ there and a store for company logo items and such, but it is a long drive for what it's worth.
I would suggest stretching the day a bit and hitting the Hill AFB museum. Excellent collection of warbirds. Has wierd hours, though. Closes at four pm.
If you like Greek food there is a really good restaurant about a two or three minute walk from the museum.
Not to mention the railroad museum that shares the building with the Browning museum. Or the antique car collection.
Dang!! when we going?

12 Volt Man
July 6, 2004, 01:49 PM
Just to add another option to the mix. The Wahsatch Shooters Assoc. Range where I normally shoot. Is right near the base of the canyon that you head up to go to Morgan.

Chairman
July 6, 2004, 10:07 PM
If I can do it, I'm in for sure.

Ben Shepherd
July 28, 2004, 01:12 AM
At this point my shedule sucks. However any weekend except the 31st of July I can force the issue at work and get a saturday off.

Do to my limited net accesss the planning should be done by someone who can post more frequently than me. So if someone could take over that end and let me know the details, I can be reached by phone through Corriea or Skyder.

JamisJockey
August 8, 2004, 12:36 PM
Whats up? Any word, any more interest?
My days off are now tues/wed, btw.

Correia
August 10, 2004, 01:50 PM
I'm so swamped with stuff I have no idea. If somebody schedules something, I'll try to go, but I ain't promising anything.

Ben Shepherd
August 30, 2004, 08:43 PM
UTAH LISTEN UP:

On the 18th of Sept. the crossroads gunshow will be in Sandy. That will have to do for our get-together for late summer.

'Sides we all need to be buying heavily to commemorate the death of the AWB, no?

Everyone come on down, even if it's just to look around, eat crappy consesion stand food, and visit with fellow gun owners.

JamisJockey
August 31, 2004, 11:21 AM
On the 18th of Sept. the crossroads gunshow will be in Sandy.

That reminds me, one of my coworkers is getting a table at the show, and is looking to see if anyone wants to share the cost and table with him. PM me so I can get you in touch.

JackStraw
August 31, 2004, 03:27 PM
How about the October 23rd Utah Defensive Pistol League Match as a get together?

That would be Super! Shooting, Learning, and meeting with friends at the finest range in Utah.

I vote for that.

Here's a link for more info:

http://udpl.net/ (http://)

What does everyone else think about that?

Correia
August 31, 2004, 06:50 PM
Jack makes a good suggestion. You guys really should try out IDPA. It is a lot of fun.

Probably not going to the gunshow as I will most likely have a CCW class that day. Also the management of Crossroads does not like me personally. :p

JackStraw
September 1, 2004, 02:45 PM
That's two for the UDPL match.

Ben Shepherd
September 10, 2004, 11:05 PM
Who IS going to the gunsow on the 18th????

The first "post-ban-sunset" show, and I'll be our lone rep? Come on guys, you're kidding!!!!!

I most likely won't post again till after the show. So call me at work if you're coming. My work# is in my profile.

JamisJockey
September 11, 2004, 05:31 PM
I won't be at the gunshow, I ain't got no spending money.

BHPshooter
September 11, 2004, 06:40 PM
I'm going to try to be at the gunshow, but it'll be kinda iffy. I'll give you a call if I can. Chase is really chombing at the bit to get something that was (or will be, I should say) formerly illegal, too.

Wes

BHPshooter
September 16, 2004, 12:17 PM
Okay, me and my buddy Chase are planning on being there on Saturday. Anyone else coming?

Wes

JamisJockey
September 16, 2004, 01:48 PM
For planning purposes, let me know if anyone sees a good price on redneck assault rifles. Specifically Savage 99's (in .308) or maybe something in .357 lever actions. I'm hoping to pick one up this winter...hoping...if I get the transfer to Raleigh I ain't buying squat anytime soon.

If you enjoyed reading about "UTAH: Are you guys up for another get together later in the summer?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!