Can I ask a moderator....

PDA

Halffast
June 5, 2004, 06:16 PM
...why was my "Online Fiction" post moved to the roundtable?:confused:

David

If you enjoyed reading about "Can I ask a moderator...." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Preacherman
June 5, 2004, 07:34 PM
Read the intended purpose of each forum. If a thread doesn't fit the particular purpose of the given forum, it will be moved to whichever forum it most suits. If it doesn't suit any forum, it will be closed.

The Roundtable forum is an experiment (that seems to be working well so far) to give our members the opportunity to raise and discuss topics that really don't fit into any of the specifically-RKBA forums on THR.

Halffast
June 5, 2004, 09:23 PM
I realize that someone feels it doesn't fit into GD, but it seems strange to me that a post that was in GD for over 5 months with over 200 replies and almost 10,000 views would be moved. Yes, I am trying to promote my work. But it is free and it promotes the RKBA and prepairedness. The feedback that I have received here is helping me make the story better so that I can hopefully reach a wide audiance and maybe open a few eyes when it is finished. I fear that I will not the get the feedback in RT that I have gotten in GD. Is there any chance that whoever moved it would consider moving it back?

Looking through the topics in GD I see two other posts about another book, "EFAD". And, Nightcrawlers fictional acount " So There I Was Again...Tales from the Road" is in GD. I don't understand what the difference between these posts and mine are.

I don't want to cause trouble or be a PITA, but you know how sensitive us artists are about our work. ;) Thanks.

David

Halffast
June 7, 2004, 03:31 PM
Ttt in hopes of getting some clarification.

MaterDei
June 7, 2004, 03:40 PM
Hey David, don't worry about exposure. I think that the Roundtable is currently one of the most active areas on THR. Besides, I check almost daily for new chapters and just do a search for "Online Fiction" so I didn't even notice that it was moved.

Michael

p.s. - Chapter 61 was great, btw

Oleg Volk
June 7, 2004, 07:17 PM
Some topics drift over time and become more appropriate for a different forum (e.g. might move from Hunting to L&P). Your thread probably evolved away from strict RKBA topic and into something more appropriate to the Roundtable.

If you enjoyed reading about "Can I ask a moderator...." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!