Mosin Nagant - FIN

PDA

Prospector
June 6, 2004, 12:11 PM
Hello there,

This might be in the wrong forum, I'm new here. I am wondering who makes the best Mosin Nagant, whether its Russia or Finland and where I can buy one. Thanks alot!

If you enjoyed reading about "Mosin Nagant - FIN" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
bobs1066
June 6, 2004, 12:32 PM
Lots of good info at: http://p077.ezboard.com/bparallaxscurioandrelicfirearmsforums

http://7.62x54r.net/

Beware that if you get one, it will call out for company. I've acquired an Izy 91/30 and an Izy M44 just in the past two months. :)

Kalos
June 6, 2004, 12:56 PM
Technically, the answer -has- to be Russia--Finland didn't make any Mosins at all, they just 'bubbaized' captured and purchased Russian weapons. :D Made good sense at a time when the Finns were in a habit of getting into wars with the Russians--you could capture ammo and put it right in your own weapon. I've occasionally wondered why either we or the Soviets didn't do the same thing during the cold war... but I think I'm starting to digress.

Both varieties are fine weapons. The Finns have a better reputation for accuracy than the Russians, which tend to be a mixed bag. That said, my 91/30 has turned out better groups than my Sako M39--but in its defense, I've only had it out once since getting it.

The_Antibubba
June 6, 2004, 11:02 PM
Welcome to ThE High Road, Prospector!

The forum you probably want is Rifles, but before you do that, go to the top right of the page, and click on the "search" button. Everything here is archived, so if it has been asked, the information will be available to you right away.

Me? I ordered a Sako M39 and a Russian 91/30. I haven't shot either yet, but the Russki is GORGEOUS, like new, and I'm not going to do a thing to it. The Sako may turn out to be a long term project. Guess I should shoot 'em huh? ;)

If you enjoyed reading about "Mosin Nagant - FIN" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!