Toothpaste altering BF

PDA

4thHorseman
February 11, 2003, 10:31 PM
Whats the deal with toothpaste? How can it alter BF? :confused:

If you enjoyed reading about "Toothpaste altering BF" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Ian
February 11, 2003, 10:34 PM
Toothpaste is an abrasive material. Rub some around in you gun's chamber for long enough (I have no idea exactly how long) and you'll scratch it up enough to change the "ballistic fingerprint".

Mike Irwin
February 11, 2003, 11:05 PM
Get yourself a firelapping kit. A lot quicker, easier, and more effective.

gun-fucious
February 11, 2003, 11:06 PM
Butch's Bore paste
Jewler rouge
cutting compound

toothpaste is a mild abrasive
put some on a dremel
and out-fox a billion dollar boondoggle

heck, steel cased fmj ammo with firelapping compound is going to alter the chamber and bore

maybe there is a reason to break in a bore

gun-fucious
February 12, 2003, 11:24 AM
http://www.thehighroad.org/attachment.php?s=&postid=110536

Woodchuck
February 12, 2003, 01:21 PM
Don't forget to shine up the firing pin and casing extractor too. You wouldn't want them to leave those ugly scratches, grooves and marks an your brass either.

bogie
February 12, 2003, 02:49 PM
A single pass with a stainless cleaning brush will leave a bunch of fresh scratches.

(don't use stainless on a barrel you like...)

coonan357
February 13, 2003, 02:24 AM
and dont forget to floss either!!! good dental hygene on firearms prevents gun decay !!! :D :rolleyes:

Kahr carrier
February 13, 2003, 08:13 AM
Interesting concept.:rolleyes:

dance varmint
February 13, 2003, 05:09 PM
I would worry more about the "fingerprint" on the casing than on the bullet. If a BF database were a reality, then the criminal could just grab a handful of (your) fresh casings you left at the range and drop them at his crime scene. You're in big trouble until (if) they recover a bullet that is proved not to match your barrel by test-firing. However, the scenario where your gun is stolen and used in a crime, with recovered bullet markings matching the BF in the insidious database, is also a concern, but less likely.

gun-fucious
February 13, 2003, 05:14 PM
so, liberally sprinkling LEO range casings about DC would be a good thing[TM]?

QKRTHNU
February 14, 2003, 12:21 AM
If a BF database were a reality, then the criminal could just grab a handful of (your) fresh casings you left at the range and drop them at his crime scene.
Good reason to stick to wheel guns. ;)

Blackhawk
February 14, 2003, 01:07 AM
Toothpaste is way too abrasive to be using on a gun.

Use some jeweler's rouge and a Dremel polishing tip.

seeker_two
February 14, 2003, 05:34 AM
Soft Scrub & Liquid Comet would be good too...:D

moa
February 14, 2003, 12:59 PM
Looks like we need an immediate Federal legislation to ban the manufacturing, importation, selling, transfer and possession of tooth paste.

The American Dental Association (formerly know as HCI = Huge Cavities Indeed) will love this.

But most likely it will not be popular with AGS (Americans for Gum Safety).

I will not oppose such legislation because I brush with baking soda.

ball3006
February 14, 2003, 03:38 PM
just go out and shoot the darn thing like it is intended. You can run a couple hundred rounds thru it in 30 minutes and if you stay at the range like I do, 2 hours, your BF will change while you are having fun. OTOH, it sounds like you have something to hide......chris3

If you enjoyed reading about "Toothpaste altering BF" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!