Michigan Dove Bill

PDA

Barbara
June 8, 2004, 09:01 PM
This is sitting on the Governor’s desk. Please call her and ask her to sign it. She is getting a lot of heat from the other side and needs support on this. http://www.michigan.gov/gov/0,1607,7-168-21995---,00.html

If you enjoyed reading about "Michigan Dove Bill" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Barbara
June 8, 2004, 10:23 PM
Bump

jefnvk
June 8, 2004, 11:15 PM
Sent in my vote :p

Barbara
June 9, 2004, 09:03 PM
Good deal!

Ryder
June 10, 2004, 11:42 AM
No love lost on those birds by me. Almost had one take my head off once doing 70mph on my motorycle. They have a nasty habit of lining the edges of the road and then flying up at the very last second.

Barbara
June 10, 2004, 07:26 PM
Hey, I was there when the House and Senate were debating this and that was *never mentioned.* There was just a lot of talk of slaughtering the beautiful bird of peace. :D

Even some hunters are opposed to hunting them, but they have such short lives, they breed like..well, pigeons, and they're great for new shooters and hunters. It's also another chance to get a pro-gun bill in front of the Governor.

Blackcloud6
June 11, 2004, 10:32 AM
Note sent.

Barbara
June 15, 2004, 06:52 PM
Big, bad bump for this.

The other side is hammering them with phone calls, folks. Heck, if you just visit Michigan, please still give Jennie a call. Tell her about those tourism bucks you'll bring when you come to hunt. :)

(517)-373-3400.

Michigander
June 15, 2004, 07:18 PM
Done!

Barbara
June 15, 2004, 07:23 PM
Woot! Anyone else? :)

Michigander
June 15, 2004, 07:36 PM
"Our new policy forbids the use of weapons or any violence in the workplace."
"Umm... what was the policy before this?"
"I'm not sure... maybe if you had a permit and it was in season."
-Dilbert

ROFLMBO!!!

Barbara
June 15, 2004, 07:59 PM
:D

Barbara
June 16, 2004, 06:46 PM
Called twice today..once from work and once from my cell phone.

I'm going to have to start disguising my voice. :D

Barbara
June 18, 2004, 08:19 PM
I can't believe she signed it. She really, truly did.

I gotta give Jenny credit. I was afraid she was going to be the most anti-gun Governor we'd ever seen.

Then first she says she was wrong about CPL..and she's signed 5 pro-gun bills this year alone and now this. And trust me, with the pressure she was getting, this is huge.

I'm going to send her a thank you card. I seriously am.

Michigander
June 18, 2004, 09:39 PM
Woo Hoo!

Thank you Barbara for all your hard work on this and other important issues.

I'll send a thank you note to Governor Granholm as well.

Barbara
June 18, 2004, 09:59 PM
Alrighty, who are you? I should know, but I don't.

Am I going to feel silly when I find out? :)

Michigander
June 18, 2004, 10:02 PM
Alrighty, who are you? I should know, but I don't.

No, you don't really know me. But I know of you from other Michigan based boards. Well, at least one other board which no longer exists, sorry to say.

Barbara
June 18, 2004, 10:08 PM
Eh, that was a train wreck, wasn't it?

Well, nice to meetcha, anyhow! If you live anywhere near Jackson, we're having a get-together next Tuesday. Stop on by. :)

By the way, I sometimes post on www.cpltrainer.com and mgouc.com, if you haven't discovered them yet. SAFR has a board, but its mostly business stuff. You're always welcome to join in. http://www.firearmsalliance.org/phpBB2/index.php

Ryder
June 19, 2004, 10:42 AM
I was afraid she was going to be the most anti-gun Governor we'd ever seen.

I've taken notice of all these signings also. I wouldn't have predicted this considering the foot dragging she did in regards a Tennessee reciprocity agreement while still AG.

If you enjoyed reading about "Michigan Dove Bill" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!